The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Manager serves as continuous improvement (CI) leader for the Insight locations. This role uses knowledge of CI to recognize opportunities for improvement across all aspects of the Operations including Supply Chain processes and capacities. The Continuous Improvement Manager will train and mentor Operations process owners in the concepts of CI. This position will develop and foster a culture of CI by leading improvement activities involving employees from all levels of the Operations. Accountable for the formation and coordination of the business improvement portfolio of strategies. This will include developing the inputs from operational metrics, internal and external customer feedback. Coordinating the portfolio to deliver the necessary outputs that will drive the business outcomes and hence transformation to Operational Excellence environment. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assists in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Coaches the organization on the use of Lean / Continuous Improvement Tools.
- Develop and implement operations continuous improvement roadmap that includes a project selection list and yearly cost saving target or efficiency enhancement; and, work with the management team to deploy the plan.
- Develop and maintain a project selection process for the operation in priority needs order to gain maximum benefit. Prepare cost/benefit analyses for review with management team and make recommendations for prioritization. Maintain a project tracking spreadsheet.
- Preparing needs analyses of identified processes from the project selection list to achieve and exceed key metrics.
- Develop and facilitate Team Charters to meet objectives of each identified Charter need.
- Train, educate, mentor those assigned to each Team Charters, Daily Management and value stream mapping.
- Develop, implement process to close performance gaps and implement best practices.
- Lead 5S deployment throughout the plant.
- Lead DMAIC deployment project throughout the plant
- Develops and improves manufacturing and administrative processes utilizing lean tools and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration similar degree with a minimum of 8-12 years of Lean / Operations industry experience
- 8-12 years of operations/manufacturing related work experience, preferably high volume mix model production
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Manufacturing engineering/management experiencerequired, with supervisory experiencerequired.
- Experience in project management with preference to manufacturing engineering, machine design or industry engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills.
- Experience developing processes, writing procedures and training assembly associates.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification REQUIRED. ( Lean or DMAIC)
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines on schedule and within forecasted budget.
- Analyze, develop and coordinate "as-is/to-be" business processes to determine the most efficient and reliable means of increasing productivity, quality and throughput. Applies statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine process, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Assist production by providing metrics for day-to-day visibility including hours per piece, hours per program, hours per work cell, etc. Interact and coordinate effectively with all levels of functional groups within the company.
- Perform capacity planning, as needed. Understand MRP and related business systems concepts and be able to pull relevant reports.
- Use and maintain knowledge of various forms and tools to support continuous improvements efforts such as observation sheets, spaghetti charts, standard work combination sheets, Kaizen newspaper and target progress reports.
- Support development of clear case for change, desired outcomes, accurate scope, clear roles and decision-making.