Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Lean Manager to join the team. In this role, the Lean Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the dynamics of cross-functional projects aligned with business-wide strategic priorities for improving manufacturing operations and business processes. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads the Delavan site’s lean transformation plan, including value stream maps
- Drives clear, measurable outcomes and deliverables through Kaizen events
- Owns Delavan’s lean transformation plan, strategically looking out 1, 5, 10 years
- Drives our lean culture and daily improvement through Gemba walks with plant leaders
- Maximizes visual management throughout the plant
- Communicates lean status reports for both internal and external communications including metric based accomplishments of the transformation plan
- Continues education and benchmarking of current leantechnologies and concepts for Delavan operations
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, and/or Master’s Degree. Operations or Supply Chain Management a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in a Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Operations
- Harris Lean Systems certification/training experience
- Experience leading teams that have a proven track record of achieving measured objectives
- Ability to think on a strategic level in planning 1-2 years ahead
- Have strong business acumen, including comprehensive knowledge of various facets of business (organization structure, business functions, processes, procedures, objectives, goals, metrics, internal self-assessment processes, etc.)
- Be a clear, accurate and effective communicator
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership
- Be technically sound in lean manufacturing techniques and process improvement strategies (specifically Toyota Production Systems)
- Be a team player that is respectful and professional
The employee may travel periodically to other company sites for training.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.