Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Lean Manager to lead the Lean activities for our New Brighton site to achieve results based on strategy deployment. In this role, the Lean Manager will constantly review processes to eliminate waste in both manufacturing and business process areas, create strategic lean transformation plan and drive preparation and execution of improvement efforts throughout the facility. The Lean Manager will engage the organization to adapt or maintain a lean continuous improvement culture. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the development of the Lean Transformation Plan including value stream maps to identify key opportunities to eliminate waste and improve performance based on strategy deployment and business results.
- Collaborates with leaders to execute Gemba walk process (Managing for Daily Improvement), utilizing and constantly improving the visual management on the shop floor and in the office areas.
- Drives all levels of leaders to implement continuous improvement and eliminate flow inhibitors (anything that disrupts customer satisfaction).
- Coaches and mentors leadership toward a continuous improvement culture that fosters daily improvement involving all team members. Tracks progress of Lean staff ontheir plant specific lean plans and empowers team members to implement solutions.
- Coordinates all Lean Manufacturing Activities within the location including kaizen events, projects and any other activity to improve and further lean efforts and ensure execution of transformation plan.
- Supports operations and office group to establish and maintain standard work and continuous flow in all areas, including 5S and visual management.
- Coaches and drives the team to develop Lean Material Flow.
- Drives lean thinking into the office to create enterprise level value stream management including customer interfacing and new product development areas. This includes implementing 5S and standard work in the office and visual management and daily improvements as appropriate.
- Assures open communications and involvement of employees who work in the Lean process.
- Leads Lean Assessment preparation and develops improvement plan based on assessment results. Uses Lean techniques to perform process reviews and aid inestablishing standardized work procedures. Participates as a lean assessor for other Pentair facilities.
- Uses the PIMS site to upload benchmark success within Pentair and guides Lean staff to these improvements.
- Provides lean status reports for both internal and external communications including metric based accomplishments of the transformation plan. Estimates and reportson true savings of lean efforts in areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Cash (inventory). Reports on scheduled KAIZEN activities, number of events withsustained results, results achieved, and assistance needed for assigned area.
- Partners with the Site Operations Leadership in the creation of the annual strategy development plan. Prioritizes improvement opportunities based upon Strategy Deployment and tactical planning objectives such as growth, service, safety, quality, cost, and cash.
- Partners with new product development to ensure design for manufacturability as well as overall process improvement to the 3D system.
- Stays current with technologies and lean concepts through continuing education and benchmarking.
- Provides lean training and coaching for site employees based on needs and requirements.
- Serves as an available resource for implementation issues at the plants and drives progress on lean plans and implementation.
- Otherresponsibilities as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience; proven knowledge of TPS “true lean” experience
- Expiencence using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Lotus Notes, JDE
- Lean Mastery certification preferred
- Desired Characteristics
- Builds a sense of shared purpose and vision
- Develops and coaches talent
- Provides direction to employees
- Drives for results
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Engages, inspires, and motivates
- Delegates and monitors
- Influences others
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proactive leader
- Strong interpersonal skills
Physical & Mental Demands
Stress created with volume of work and time constraints necessary to complete. Travel as required by car, air, etc.
Work environment is a manufacturing plant with machine noise and lift truck traffic.