Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
If you are a problem-solver, influencer, and have a passion for lean manufacturing tools and processes and you are looking for your next challenge, check out this opportunity. Pentair is currently seeking a Lean Manager to join our team in Kansas City, KS. The Lean Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the dynamics of cross-functional projects aligned with business-wide strategical priorities for improving manufacturing operations and business processes and will embody the Lean Enterprise principles and techniques that focus on optimizing value through a fact-based decision process.
- Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of manufacturing operations
- Pay competitively
- Support your continuing education through our tuition reimbursement program
- Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair’s proven best practices
- Offer health benefits & coaching
- Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan
- Offer employee discounts
- Protect you with life insurance and other options
- Tell you more about all the great benefits – just ask!
Develop and lead the the Kansas City site’s lean transformation plan, including value stream maps
Drive clear measurable outcomes and deliverables through Kaizen events
- Own Kansas City’s lean transformation plan, strategically looking out 1, 5, 10 years
- Drive our lean culture and daily improvement through daily Gemba walks with plant leaders
- Maximize visual management throughout the plant
- Communicate lean status reports for both internal and external communications including metric based accomplishments of the transformation plan
- Partner with new product development to ensure design for manufacturability
- Continue education and benchmarketing of current leantechnologies and concepts for Kansas City operations
Job Requirements & Skills
- Have earned at least a Bachelor's Degree
- Have 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Opeations
- Led teams that have a proven track record of achieving measured objectives
- Think on a strategic level in planning 1-2 years ahead
Have a strong business acumen, including comprehensive knowledge of various facets of business (organization structure, business functions, processes, procedures, objectives, goals, metrics, internal self-assessment processes, etc.)
Be a clear, accurate and effective communicator
Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from operations leadership
Be technicaly sound in lean manufacturing techniques and process improvement strategies (specifically Toyota Production Systems)
Be a team player that is respectful and professional
We like, but don’t require:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, and/or Master’s degree
Harris Lean Systems certification/training experience
Engineer to Order or Machining experience
The employee may travel periodically to other company sites for training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently sits. The employee occasionally stands and walks. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.