Responsible for providing support, training, and leadership for Continuous Improvement programs and projects through the use of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies. This includes transactional, manufacturing and design for six sigma methodologies. Additionally, this role provides coordination and leadership to Lean activities in adjacent businesses within the United States.
- Present, facilitate, and lead continuous improvement events and initiatives (i.e. Kaizens, and Green Belt certifications) through the use of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Facilitate and assists in the completion of physical changes and conducts follow-up to monitor progress of planned improvements.
- Establish and improve processes, policies, and procedures for lean production.
- Work with management to ensure the development and implementation of a superior Continuous Improvement Program.
- Instrumental in the Capex process. Lead weekly meeting. Identifies and makes recommendations for equipment, materials, and other resources for effective implementation and prepares Capex proposals to acquire or upgrade physical assets. This includes being responsible for managing Maintenance and Lean capital expenditure plans and projects per the Strategic Plan.
- Develop and prepare reports of continuous improvement activities/ projects.
- Establish and maintain a tracking mechanism that records measurable results of the Continuous Improvement program in terms of process efficiency.
- Design, construct and implement databases (i.e. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic etc.). Provide IT support as needed.
- Utilize operating systems, including Oracle, to analyze and improve operational performance.
- Conduct monthly meetings with adjacent business unit lean leads to monitor, coach and support their lean activities.
- Share best practices across teams and ensure utilization of Lean tools and documentation.
- Support lean activities such as Kaizen events across adjacent business units.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong background in Lean, TPM, and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Interpersonal skills to lead, train and work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead and work with teams.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Strong technical aptitude to both conceptualize and implement improvement ideas.
- Exhibit efficient and conscientious work habits that are driven by safety and focused on lean and quality.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one on one, in groups, managers, customers and small group situations to other employees of the company.
- Exceptional organizational skills and has the ability to multi-task.
- Delivers on time.
- Strong background in programming of operating systems and databases.
- Proficiency in commonly used and specialized software.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree from College, University, Technical School, etc. with 5 – 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent.