The Hillenbrand Operating Model (HOM) Lean/Operational Excellence Champion based in Wytheville, Virginia, will partner with the HOM Lead and the facility or functional leader to develop and execute a Kaizen roadmap. It will lead the overall HOM Lean efforts in improving processes and procedures for the specified site or functional areas. Training and coaching managers and associates will also be a key part of this role.
Who we Are
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion's divisions of Compounding & Extrusion, Equipment & Systems, Materials Handling and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems.
• Partner with the OpCo/Platform HOM Lead and the facility or functional leader to develop and execute a Kaizen roadmap and identify key metrics (KPI’s and TTI’s)
• Lead the site/function’s Lean transformation with a focus on improvements to safety, quality, cost and delivery
• Schedule, lead and facilitate Kaizen Events and other CI projects aligned with the Kaizen roadmap and Strategy Deployment
• Train and coach managers and employees in the daily use and implementation of Lean principles
• Ensure consistent application of HOM practices, tools and templates (ie: Standard Work, Job Instruction, Daily Management, Weakpoint Management, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Road mapping, SMED, TPM, etc.)
• Audit, monitor and sustain the health of the HOM Lean culture by utilizing a scoring system, gap analysis, and countermeasures
• Track the status of all HOM Lean activities, cost savings, training, certifications and events
• Assist organization-wide kaizen efforts as needed
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Engineering, Business Management or comparable field;
• Minimum of 5 years related Lean experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in Lean or operational excellence.
• Demonstrated expert lean manufacturing knowledge and experience required
• Expert knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Operational Excellence Principles, 5S, CI, SMED, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why, Standard Work, 3P, Poke Yoke, etc. required
• Demonstrated ability to teach, mentor, and coach required
• Strong leadership and change agent skills required
• Excellent team facilitation skills required
• Six Sigma experience or certification preferred
• Lean Certification preferred
• CQE Certification appreciated
• Employee must be able to travel up to 25% of the time