The Manager of Leadership & Talent Development – Onboarding, Residencies and Internships, provides resources and builds relationships focusing on the mission and objectives set forth by the organization. Acts as operational resource responsible for the planning and execution of New Employee and New Leader Onboarding processes across the organization, including campuses and system functions. Interfaces with HR operations, and other operational departments to ensure execution of onboarding programs, including residency and internship programs designed to enhance both the onboarding experience, and career growth opportunities. Ensure smooth transitions with department orientation processes, and implementation of content improvements that seek to enhance the professional growth of all AdventHealth employees. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Executive-level presentation skills / facilitation skills
- Ability to train and coach others
- Detail-oriented, excellent planning and organization skills, strong project management skills, ability to multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment
- Adept at establishing partnerships and building relationships
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in developing practical solutions
- Technical knowledge in implementing onboarding practices and programming
- Turnover and HRIS metrics analysis (Preferred)
- Leadership of Talent Management function (Preferred)
- Strong in the following competencies: results orientation, learning agility, client orientation (Preferred)
- Expertise in employee engagement methodologies (Preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills: listening, confronting, challenging, straightforwardness, rapport, trust, warmth, compassion, humor (Preferred)
- Organization development or change management experience (Preferred)
- Master's degree in Psychology, Education, Human Resources, Training and Development, Organizational Development or related field
- 3 years of functional work experience and 1 year Supervisory/Management experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, Human Resources, Training and Development, Organizational Development or related field
- 10 years of functional work experience and 1 year Supervisory/Management experience
- Doctoral degree in Psychology, Education, Human Resources, Training and Development, Organizational Development or related field (Preferred)
- Experience in Leadership roles within organizations; experience in client relationship management and consulting; healthcare experience / education (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Certified in at least one recognized assessment tool (i.e. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), DiSC Behavioral Assessment, etc.); OR
- Certified in two or more leadership development programs, or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), or Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) through the Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) certification highly preferred
- Certified or academically qualified to use assessment tools (Preferred)
- Certification as a leadership coach (Preferred)
- Curriculum design and/or facilitation certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it
- Leads a matrix team focused on developing, executing, and managing system-wide onboarding strategy, including the development of new employee and new leader orientation.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day work activities of others through coaching and development, employee performance, and executing disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Provides oversite for New Employee Experience (NEE) and New Leader Onboarding (NLO) logistics to ensure smooth transitions and coordination of facilitators, operational SMEs/facilitators, and materials needed to execute programming.
- Manages and provides constructive feedback to routine and guest presenters and their presentation materials to ensure consistency with the onboarding philosophy.
- Coordinates timing and implementation of department orientations to align with NEE and NLO processes. Captures and disseminates exceptional practices where leaders proactively assimilate new employees and leaders into their unit or department.
- Directs the maintenance of and updates to videos, onboarding forms, manuals, and all other collateral materials for both NEE and NLO. Works directly with AdventHealth leadership and Marketing to ensure compliance in accordance with AdventHealth policies and applicable laws.
- Researches best practices related to effective onboarding from outside and within the organization and infuse these into the onboarding process across NEE and NLO programs.
- Facilitates Focus Groups of new employees to understand how to better assimilate new employees into the AdventHealth culture. Reviews evaluations and determines program effectiveness. Completes gap analysis of the onboarding process and incorporates this input to continuously improve the onboarding process.
- Provides oversite of Observership program and other career development internship programs including coordination of program logistics, matching participants with operational departments suitable for their development; provides ongoing feedback to operational leaders regarding effectiveness of job shadow opportunities in their areas, identify ongoing process improvements.
- Lead and innovate internship and residency program efforts focused on creating a quality experience for all.
- Shares accountability and responsibility with other LTD leadership for consistent integrated solutions across the organization.
- Develops appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to build accountability and measure results.