The Leadership Solutions Practitioner is an expert consultant, solutions designer and facilitator who designs and delivers a variety of CCL custom programs across multiple leader levels. Partners with sales to build client confidence in CCL capabilities and to win client business. Serves on account teams as a Lead in the design and pilot delivery of solutions. Works collaboratively with other members of the Design & Delivery and/or Account Teams as a shared resource for Leadership Solutions work. As a design and client relationship management subject matter expert, helps build capability for Leadership Program Practitioners and Faculty Associates in solution design, frameworks, assessments, and client relationship management (CRM) skills as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- With client team, conducts discovery, designs, develops, and delivers custom solutions along with training others in the delivery of the solution. Is a key member of the team and works to win the business and close the sale.
- Responds to individual and group participant needs, classroom climate issues, and content changes in order to deepen learning achieved within programs.
- Participates on client account teams as subject matter expert in discovery, design and client relationship management along with sales, project management and other account team members.
- Collaborates with other CCL individuals and team in developing content, materials, use of assessments, etc. for new and/or revised portfolio content or for custom client programs and solutions.
- With client team, develops and implements client retention and acquisition strategies. Supports CRM for a key set of major clients. Quickly builds credibility with the client through understanding the client organization and to design a solution that works for the client organization context.
- Expertly facilitates group process; reads and responds to climate issues, quality of facilitation significantly deepens solution impact.
- Pursues sales possibilities in the classroom and in partnership with the sales team.
- With sales and the client, engages in a number of discovery processes to assess client needs and determine desired learning outcomes. Aligns outcomes with CCL portfolio and sells CCL's capability to deliver outcomes.
- Using sound adult learning principles and the breadth of CCL's capabilities, designs and develops quality leadership development solutions with both individual and organizational impact. Ensures solutions are financially viable and contribute positively to CCL margin.
- Collaborates with CCL staff on the development of new program designs including the development of content, exercises, cases and simulations.
- Communicates and negotiates solution design and delivery with clients within established guidelines
- Partners with account team members to develop planning, communication and processes for client ease throughout implementation.
- Ensures smooth transition of ongoing delivery of solutions to on call faculty or Leadership Program Practitioners.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Master's degree in business, organizational development, human resources/training, industrial/organizational psychology, or other related field is required. PhD or other doctoral degree is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years experience working in corporate business, consulting and or OD fields.
- Proven experience working in or consulting with Fortune 100 clients.
- Expertise in the development of complex customized leadership development solutions for individual leaders as well as system-level change initiatives.
- International work experience and executive coaching is a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge of relevant content areas, including the fields of management/leadership, organizational development, talent development, adult learning theory, and human resource development.
- Demonstrated business acumen in a corporate setting and ability to apply it in solution design and facilitation. Designs are profitable for CCL.
- Strong facilitation and program delivery skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence upper middle management to senior executives displaying executive presence in the classroom.
- Effective interpersonal skills for interaction with clients, participants and staff.
- Ability to perform successfully as a solo, team or lead trainer across a wide range of programs.
- Flexible, adaptable with clients, colleagues and organizational needs.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills to balance competing client demands.
- Significant experience using technology options for designing and facilitating learning – i.e. webinars, podcasts, online simulations etc.
- Demonstrates understanding of the organizational business models and financial goals. Incorporates an understanding of the economic, financial and organizational drivers of a particular client or industry to design solutions and demonstrate organizational impact of the solution.
- Demonstrates knowledge and subject matter expertise of all programs and current research for more than one practice area.
- Pursues sales leads in the classroom and partners with the sales team to close the sale.
- Flexibility to travel.