JOB DESCRIPTION- Leadership Partner – IT Executive Advisor
Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Our clients are IT executives from Global 2000 organizations and large government agencies who report directly to the CIO.
The role of the Security and Risk Management (SRM) Leadership Partner is to partner with their client and support the client’s key initiatives and the organization’s priorities. The SRM Leadership Partner does this by understanding the priorities, assisting with those priorities by providing personal experience, Gartner research, suggesting Gartner analysts, and bringing clients together with peers who have experience with their issues. Samples of SRM initiatives include security strategies and roadmaps, metrics and measurements, MSSP and SOC decisions, frameworks, vendor selections, leadership techniques, Board of Director reporting, and much more. With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
- Manage at least 25 - 30 multi-faceted relationships with Gartner's largest, most sophisticated clients.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed, sustainable set of key deliverables (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.)
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for Enterprise IT Leaders/EITL members and multi-member accounts utilizing all End User Program/EUP products.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall EITL strategy and EITL product deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at client location in support of client key initiatives.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to develop synthesized answers to members in response to inquiries.
- Foster collaborative relationship w/ research and other key Gartner contacts.
- Contribute to the continuing development of EITL programs through field experience and member interactions.
- Accountable (with Executive Client Manager/ECM, Account Executive/AE and CRO) for member satisfaction and renewal of EITL business.
- Drive business development, along with AEs, with existing and prospective clients across the continent.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Represents Gartner/EUP/Enterprise IT Leaders publicly as a respected content expert
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share client experiences with analysts
- Maintain topic hierarchy and organization of program related content on EITL peer community portal.
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the EITL community portal and assisted member connections
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
The successful candidate will have extensive experience leading security programs and/or practice areas as a Chief Information Security Officer, Security Practice Group leader or other equivalent role. The candidate also will have experience collaborating and working effectively with CIOs, CEOs, CFOs and other senior business leaders to build and mature security programs. Experience presenting to and working with senior executive leadership and Boards of Directors is also important.
- Experience and expertise with modern information security programs is important including:
- Assessing business/organizational strategy and risk
- Developing security strategy and roadmaps aligned to organizational strategy and risk
- Building security teams and capabilities
- Implementing key security solutions including SIEM, Identity & Access Management, threat and vulnerability management, forensics, endpoint security, networksecurity, etc.
- Building effective, repeatable processes to supportsecurity programs
- Creating security metrics and reporting mechanisms
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years experience working in a senior IT management role for 5+ years or with 5+ years in other IT area (e.g. Consulting, IT Supplier, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of Sr. IT leadership. Experience with strategy development, organization design, and initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends.
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner resources to support achievement of business results
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experienceworking with Sr. IT Leadership
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with Sr. IT Leadership
- Strong time and project management skills
THIS IS A WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY Job ID 00007131