Key oversight will include:
- Messaging: Ensuring that Ashoka’s narrative leads with the Everyone a Changemaker framework and engages high level business entrepreneurs as Ashoka partners. Share and create stories that help them realize that Everyone a Changemaker vision is their mission too.
- Selection: Establish the selection criteria and process for nominating, evaluating and inviting high level business entrepreneurs to participate. Design and develop the process for easy replication and management. Energize the network with big successes within the first six months.
- Engagement: Create, adapt or deploy innovative mutually beneficial products and services to ensure long term engagement and connection between high level business entrepreneurs and our leading network of social entrepreneurs and changemakers. Craft an engagement path that enables success for and connections between diverse interests within the network, while building bridges with the global and local Everyone a Changemaker movement.
- Development: Achieve agreed upon milestones in terms of participants, revenues and integration with Ashoka’s mission, vision and overall strategy.
- Digital: Engage with internal teams to ensure Ashoka’s web and social media properties align with and drive strategic relationships. Innovate ways for Ashoka to further develop a digital presence and brand.
Ashoka has a rigorous committee-based screening process for hiring staff at all career stages, mirroring the selection process for our Fellows. All applicants must first possess the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurship / intrapreneurship: Demonstrates a track record of taking creative initiative and ownership in creating widespread change in an area of focus (e.g., founding an organization or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organization).
- Understanding & belief in the vision of an Everyone a Changemaker future: Understands and believes Ashoka’s vision at a gut level; has a broad and inquisitive intellect and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and the current social context.
- Emotional & social intelligence: Has the ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams.
- Ethical fiber: Possess exceptionally strong ethical behavior.
- Self definition: Assumes that changing the world in big ways is what they will do in life.
Successful candidates for this role will also possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- At least 12-15 years of experience after collegiate education, including at least 5 years of experience as a movement builder or social entrepreneur
- Direct fundraising and/or business development experience, having raised at least $1M annually
- Experienced manager with strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Outstanding leadership and facilitation skills to build trust and curate collaboration between internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in English; proficiency in other languages will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Personable and interacts well with co-workers, clients and the entire Ashoka community
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change