We have an exciting opportunity in our Global Operation organization. Kateeva is seeking a versatile, results oriented individual to lead and scale critical administrative functions supporting the entire company. The initial scope is Facilities, EH&S, and Security and will adjust over time to meet the needs of the growing business. They will serve as change agent partnering cross functionally to ensure compliance and implement best practices in assigned functions. This leader who will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Facilities - They will be charged with managing our facilities that include both manufacturing and lab operations. The position requires strong background in supporting office, R&D and manufacturing set up and operations in a technology environment. Working with a small experienced team, they will ensure that all aspects of the facilities meet the needs of a fast growing company.
EH&S – They will be able to lead an effective EH&S program in a fast paced environment, working with a small team of professionals and consulting support. In addition to ensuring that policies and procedures are based on EH&S requirements, they will be expected to continuously evaluate EH&S conditions, assess risks, and ensure EH&S compliance with federal, state, and local requirements. This individual will be working with a cross functional team to ensure a proactive Safety culture across the company and execute exciting initiatives as we continue to experience fast growth.
Security – They will be responsible for planning, launching, and executing all activities relating to the security and safeguarding of all company personnel, contracted employees, and assets. The position requires an individual who understands the strategic objectives of a rapidly-growing, international organization and how to integrate security needs with those objectives. In cooperation with senior executives, you will direct the development of an effective strategy to assess and mitigate these risks, maintain continuity of operations, and develop protocols and procedures for handling crises should they arise.
Environmental Health & Safety
- Provide leadership and guidance to teams to effectively execute EH&S strategy to ensure safety of employees and regulatory compliance
- Evaluate, create, implement, administer, and review EH&S related programs, policies, procedures, and conditions
- Oversee EH&S audits and safety/hazard analysis across the company including periodic participation with functional execs
- Facilitate inspections by regulatory agencies
- Oversee the EH&S training programs and ensure effective training programs are executed and maintained
- Continuously improve EH&S performance by identifying enhancements or modifications to existing programs
- Develop, maintain, and communicate safety metrics.
- Investigate and report on incidence or non-compliance issues and determine preventative actions
- Conduct or participate in site plans, space plans/growth assessments, tenant improvement plans
- Lead space planning activities
- Manage and deliver ongoing facility related corporate services to the highest standard, including managing internal facility staff
- Oversee complex, deadline driven facility projects, working with external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Oversee office and lab remodeling projects including furniture, equipment, utilities and system installation
- Develop and manage calibration, service, and maintenance programs
- Lead interface with landlord and potential sub-tenants
- Manage vendors, contractors, service providers and building management
- Ensure compliance with good commercial, laboratory and manufacturing practices, safety, security and other regulations
- Ensure facilities compliance with regulatory agencies
- Partner with HR to pro-actively create a great work environment for Kateeva employees
- Partner with Procurement to facilitate receiving, sending and registering shipment of goods and equipment.
- Evaluate current physical security procedures across the company and make recommendations for advancements; design, develop, and implement upgrades to physical security policies, procedures, and programs
- Create preventative security programming for all locations; manage both internal and contracted security teams; maintain consistent, high standards of security across all sites, both internal and customer-facing locations
- Create and manage ongoing security service processes and reporting for all locations
- Create best-practice strategies around safeguarding corporate assets; work closely with electronic security team to track and respond to threats to internal data
- Lead emergency management and business continuity planning program; review emergency response procedures, and conduct periodic training exercises relating to such procedures
- Manage Kateeva’s assets and business continuity plan.
- Conduct planning, forecasting and spend tracking for all assigned budgets
- 15+ years managerial experience
- 8-10 years of experience leading Facilities and/or EH&S; ideally in technology manufacturing or capital equipment company experiencing a great deal of change
- Knowledge of EH&S regulations and standards relating to OSHA, EPA, DHS, CDPH, DTSC, hazardous waste, etc.
- Project management skills: CHMM, FMP, CFM, and/or PMP certification preferred.
- Proven ability to influence others to achieve a safer manufacturing and workplace environment
- Experience managing complex facility operations and projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver facility related projects within specified timelines and budget
- Outstanding organizational, communication and interpersonal skills