Description: The Physician Informatics Specialist serves as a liaison between KPHC and SCPMG. Leveraging both clinical knowledge with informatics knowledge, the specialist provides innovative solutions utilizing informatics best practices which include appropriate use of standards and design to create scalable, maintainable solutions. The Physician Informatics Specialist ensures technical solutions not only aid in the daily individual physician needs but also support organizational/administrative needs such as reporting, epidemiological surveillance and population management.
- Leads system redesign/ improvement to facilitate clinical, operational, and organizational objectives.
- Leads knowledge management for KPHC.
- Ensures appropriate use of medical informatics standards.
- Develops best practice and strategies for KPHC.
- Supports the data needs of key stakeholders.
- Conducts evaluation and interpretation of KPHC solutions.
- Applies medical informatics to enhance patient care, population health, and support organizational priorities.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design, development, and implementation of process and programs related to KPHC.
- Collaborates with other physicians, leaders to provide support to regional and CSA leadership in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals.
- Fosters a customer oriented work environment with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, highest standards of quality, innovation, empowerment, and teamwork by developing and implementing policies and practices that reflect the vision of Kaiser Permanente.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Physician Informatics Specialist or completion of an informatics fellowship from a formal informatics program.
- Minimum three (3) years of leadership management experience required when direct supervisory responsibilities are necessary for the job.
- M.D. with medical informatics/computer science and epidemiology training.
License, Certification, Registration
- Substantial experience with electronic medical records, standardized vocabularies, clinical reporting, database management, and decision support.
- In depth, practical knowledge of the health care system, health informatics, and computer science.
- Experience with developing user interfaces in health care applications.
- Knowledgeable in health informatics networks, messaging, security, data modeling, information retrieval and indexing.
- Experience implementing evidence based medicine into computer applications/ decision support systems.
- Prior experience with implementation of electronic health systems, personal health records, and/or electronic consumer health solutions.
- Ability to combine the principles of study design and statistical analysis to determine efficacy of solutions.
- Substantial experience in health care consulting and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Understanding of KP operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 623574