IBM Watson Health is searching for a health information technology professional who can function as a solution architect, systems analyst, and software designer capable of tackling the most complex technical projects contributing toward the mission of our clients.
The candidate will be a leader or a key contributor in delivering projects, proposals, marketing, and in other thought leadership activities that touch on a wide range health technology challenges and participate in multi-disciplinary solution sessions.
The Leader, Federal Solution Architect, will perform architecture activities and support systems analysis and software/systems design activities that leverage multiple technologies, platforms, and approaches.
The architect will work with relational, noSQL, and otherbig dataarchitectures on both analytical and transactional systems. The Leader will perform as a strategic advisor to firm leadership, internal project teams, and to our clients.
The architect will be responsible for developing or assisting in development of IT solutions; client outreach, education, marketing, and proposal response; and DDI activities for client contracts and internal proof of concepts. He or she will support healthcare client missions by leveraging emerging and modern enterprise technologies and concepts – cloud, mobile, big data techniques, data warehousing, business intelligence tools, cognitive capabilities, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and microservice architecture - and best practices to meet a wide variety of client needs and to overcome information technology (IT) challenges.
The candidate will also evaluate objectives and desired outcomes, business processes, technologies, data sources and types, approaches, and enterprise roadmaps to recommend, develop, document, and implement solutions. He/she will review and interpret the impact of technology, security and other relevant policy and guidance and advise on how this impacts our clients, their technology and process needs, and our projects and solutions that serve these clients. Experience in reference architectures, delivery, quality, and security processes associated with system development for government clients, in particular Health and Human Services, is preferred.
The Leader will be accountable for the financial performance and highest quality delivery of the contract(s) that she or he leads and tasks performed. The Leader will utilize his/her expertise and existing Federal agency, academic, and industry relationships to contribute to the reputation and growth of the IBM Watson Health Federal team and will also work in conjunction with Federal sales, Federal account leadership, and other divisions of IBM and our external partners. The Leader will work with current and prospective Federal agency clients to gain a thorough understanding of their healthcare policy and business needs and how the Federal account team can best meet their needs. The ideal candidate will have some experience with related federal (e.g., FDA, VA, CMS, HHS, or other agency) standards.
- Defines and designs technology solution architectures and implementation approaches
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Lead and direct the work of individual and multi-disciplinary teams
- Develop required technical documentation
- Manage and coordinate solution design related activities with the delivery team
- Support the full capture life cycle including writing, participation in client best and final offer (BAFO) activities, and participating in client oral presentations
- Be a key contributor to sales strategies
- Collaborate with IBM Watson Health senior leadership and technical experts to develop new intellectual capital and offerings
- Build effective relationships and a collaborative environment with IBM Watson cross-functional teams to deliver compelling presentations, demonstrations and proposals that result in new business revenue
- Mentor and grow junior staff and contribute to account growth strategy
- Manages the performance and professional growth of staff under his/her supervision
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of architecture-related experience
- 5+ years of experience developing, implementing, and evaluating architecture-related projects in enterprise, government, and/or healthcare settings
- Experience designing focused solutions using a variety of technologies and approaches
- Experience developing the enterprise integration and migration strategy, methodology, and standards that shape a client's modernization initiative
- Experience with systems addressing batch and real-time processing, streaming information, and various information types
- Experience with analytic (big data, qualitative, quantitative) and transactional systems
- Experience with on premise, cloud, and hybrid systems
- Experience delivering whitepapers and modernization recommendations
- Experience working in agile projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and partner at every level of internal and external partners
- Ability to obtain a clearance, as needed
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Experience or knowledge of infrastructure solutions addressing concepts such as: virtualization; private, hybrid, and public clouds; data backup and archiving; disaster recovery and continuity of operations; mobile computing; data visualization; FISMA, FedRAMP;
- Experience or knowledge of various cloud technologies, cloud solution services, and big data components such as: Amazon AWS, VMWare, Citrix, the Apache Hadoop framework, the Hortonworks framework, or the Cloudera framework
- Experience or knowledge of various architectures, technologies, and products, such as: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), microservices architecture, web services, business rules engines, and workflow management engines, case management tools, and enterprise tools from IBM, RedHat, and Oracle
- Experience or knowledge of various emerging technologies and concepts such as blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), and cognitive systems