Leader, Global Finance Business Systems
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered Farmington, CT, just outside of Hartford, CT. The organization employs over 196,000 individuals and achieves net revenues in excess of $6B, which is attributable to common shareholder value. Additionally, the Company invests over $4B per year in research & development and achieves approximately $60B in gross revenues.
A leader in the global building systems and aerospace industries, United Technologies Corp. invents new and better ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, the organization creates the smart, sustainable solutions the world needs.
United Technologies Corporation’s commercial businesses include Otis elevators and escalators and UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire and security systems, and building automation and controls. The aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines and UTC Aerospace Systems. United Technologies also operates a centralized research organization that pursues technologies for improving the performance, energy efficiency and cost of its products and processes.
At UTC, we're in the process of rapidly expanding our digital capabilities and optimizing our software development processes. Together, we'll transform our products and services to create a more seamless and innovative digitalexperience for our employees, customers, partners and suppliers.
As part of this transformation, we are looking for a dynamic individual to lead the Finance Global Business Systems team within the Digital organization. This individual will provide strategic leadership and direction to the digitaltechnology team in partnership with various Finance organizations, including the Finance COE, Business Controls, Tax and FP&A. An ideal candidate would be experienced in organizational leadership and technology enablement across multiple teams in a large multi-national corporation.
The Leader, Global Financial Business Systems will be responsible for the following:
- Act as an integrated partner and build functional alignment with the leaders in the various Finance functions, including the Finance COE, Business Controls, Tax, and FP&A organizations.
- Work with functional leadership in each of the areas outlined above to create a Finance Technology strategy and roadmap which enables the business goals and objectives while leveraging new and enabling digitaltechnologies to drive value and increase shareholder earnings per share.
- Support the overall UTC Finance Transformation goals, including selection of the next generation Financial Planning & Consolidation platform, global centralization of indirect tax rules, and continued optimization and simplification of the overall Finance processes and systems landscape
- Drive innovation within the Finance function via business systems and process transformation. Partner with vendors and system providers to assess platform capabilities and identify opportunities for cost savings, productivity, process streamlining, simplification and improved user experience (high availability, migration to cloud, real time visbility, etc).
- Provide leadership and oversight for all UTC corporate applications specific to finance including Hyperion Planning and Consolidation, Sabrix, Longview, Blackline, etc, and act as the liaison back to the business units for any integration points, feeds, and roadmap activities.
- Create an organization to ensure flawless execution of the strategic roadmaps with a focus on value and return on investment.
- Establish a culture focused on leadership development with a focus on enabling employees to “lean-in”, embrace stretch goals and improve themselves both personally and professionally.
- Establish opportunities to create value for UTC by leveraging digitaltechnologies that enable capability across functions.
- Act as a liaison for the Finance functions listed above to other areas across the digitaltechnology organizations both at UTC and within the business units.
- Be a technology evangelist. Analyze industry, market and technology trends and forecast impacts on the enterprise strategy and be a thought leader for UTC and Finance Technology.
- Assess and execute on optimizing the operating model for finance sustainment activities to drive value and create a world class experience.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Team leadership – Manage a diverse team and provide direction, understand resource capability, and successfully drive results working with direct reports, dotted line and/or internal or external resources.
- Designer & Implementation – Be a strong program management and program planning leader – adept at creating and implementing digitaltechnology roadmaps & plans. Consistently identify areas of improvement.
- Collaboration – Develop strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results. Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company as an “active listener” and then able to deliver.
- Innovation – Identify and understand new, enabling and leading edge digitaltechnologies and leverage this for both short and long term roadmaps and strategies.
- Communication – Clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners, including senior executives, and gain trust and buy-in of stakeholders to drive results. Must be able to build long term business relationships.
- Maintain exceptional leadership skills – Ability to recruit, motivate, evaluate and retain top digital talent.
- Be decisive and results oriented with a track record in designing and executing solutions.
- Be a highly analytical leader, with a natural eye for identifying efficient and effective system solutions to highly diverse and complex business and technical problems.
- Take responsibility for setting the agenda, driving issues forward and quickly identify the root of any problem.
- Proven experience and comfortable in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and ability to translate strategy into viable technology solutions.
- Action oriented and results driven with an ability to drive new and innovative solutions in alignment to the organizations / functions strategy.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners is critical, including senior executives.
- IT Experience with a Finance functional focus is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience. Master's degree is preferred.