This position plays a key role in achieving the growth goals of the business by partnering with a cross-functional team to provide strategic recommendations to enhance customer relationships and maximize the growth of existing client accounts. Additionally, this individual will be responsible to provide support and leadership on key strategic business and M&A initiatives.
- Support key business partners within the U.S. Commercial function, providing ongoing analytical support including preparing budgets and forecasts, and providing guidance and advice to senior business leaders.
- Partner extensively with field sales, sales operations, and the services organization to develops key financial measures and reporting to track overall performance and drive toward plan.
- Lead the analytical process for month end close, managing teams to completion.
- Conduct special studies to analyze complex financial scenarios and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Partner with the leader of U.S. Commercial to guide the development of financialforecasting tools to support business case development.
- Make recommendations to senior leadership regarding cost savings or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Ensures proper controls are in place and operating effectively to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Interface with accounting and tax professionals contracted by the company; interface with individuals from governmental and regulatory agencies; coordinate management of the accounting system software and hardware with computer professionals.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 12+ years of experience in Finance / Accounting
- BachelorDegree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong data management skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- CPA, MBA or CMA
- Medical device experience
- Prior experience in M&A