Responsible for the day to day operations and performance of the ACPNY Call Centers. This includes 2 call center sites, 2 site directors, 10 supervisors, up to 200 associates along with external Vendor resources. Partner with Workforce Management to ensure call models are in place to achieve the desired service levels for each area. Ensure proactive hiring approach to minimize Service Level impact. Ensure training plans are in place for future classes as well as ongoing training for existing staff. Establish relationships with our ACPNY internal partners, understanding the business needs are for each area; ensure the call centers are appropriately trained and staffed to
support the business initiatives.
Responsible for managing our outsourced call center partner – TelePerformance. Hold the vendor accountable for overall call quality and call center performance.Escalate issues as needed and follow the ticket process so that issues and tracked and resolved. Identify and address opportunities as a result of operational capability analyses of core business processes, human resources and technology.
Develop recommendations that drive operational excellence and customer loyalty objectives including new technology and service strategy. Partner with the Customer Experience team to ensure the delivery of the best possible service to patients. Apply Change Leadership at all times to influence effective business decisions and outcomes.
- Lead large-scale, end-to-end, cross-functional projects with a specific emphasis on driving results for Operational Excellence and Consumer Experience initiatives.
- Technically direct large, cross-functional project teams and provides individual contribution using Business Process Management, Lean and Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to improve quality and reduce medical and administrative costs.
- Develop metrics, processes and procedures that drive Operational Excellence and Consumer Value.
- Apply Voice of the Customer and business data to scope the level of improvement required to impact customer loyalty and bottom-line results.
- Partner with senior and line management to facilitate implementation of recommendations.
- Provide direction to the Call Center Directors to ensure proper alignment of resources and to ensure that corporate goals are obtained.
- Provide direction to Outsourced vendor TelePerformance and to ensure they are properly aligned with Emblems vision and goals.
- Create and implement automated solutions to increase productivity, accuracy and to make improvements in workflow.
- Oversight and daily coordination of the day to day performance for the ACPNY call centers.
- Partner with the ACPNY Medical offices to ensure process flows are in place between call centers and offices to support and continue to improve the member experience.
- Evaluate core business processes to leverage opportunities for operational improvements with an emphasis on trends, root cause analysis and customer centric metrics.
- Ensure reports are accurate and precise when distributing to Emblem Leadership and Operational teams. articipate in evaluation of IVR technology and be heavily involved in the rollout of the new technology.
- Facilitate the alignment of systems and processes with corporate business goals. Partner with Account Directors, Business Owners and IT Information Architecture and Application Development functions to facilitate design and implementation of technological solutions for end-to-end core processes as needed.
- Day to day leadership of the ACPNY call centers consisting of 2 sites and 15 plus performance and quality SLA’s. Provide analytical expertise and recommendations to senior and middle management for identifying, planning, and implementing solutions to resolve ad-hoc business issues.
- Facilitate implementation of recommendations.
- Responsible for: development and management of direct reports to achieve pre-established Customer and Corporate goals; accurate call center forecasting; effective and efficient resource allocation based on business needs; resource management and real time adjustment of resources.
- Build relationships with internal groups such as HR, IT, QA and training.
- Mentor and train cross-functional teams on Lean, Six Sigma, Process Management and Change Leadership techniques as needed to facilitate project movement.
- Provide clear communication and collaboration between key areas to include Claims, IT, EPMO, Provider Network, Management, QA and Training in an effort to develop and implement customer focused business solutions.
- Regular review of departmental policies and procedures to ensure alignment of work and expected results.
- Provide clear communication of business priorities to leadership and staff with regular progress reports delivered to those involved.
- 4 year degree in a business or related discipline; additional years of experience may be used in lieu of educational requirement; Master’s preferred
- 10 + years’ related business experience
- 5 years’ experience in senior call center leadership positions designed to drive business performance improvement on a full- time basis
- Proven staff and process management experience in a multi-site call center environment
- Effective communication (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal) skill
- Healthcare experience, Payor, Provider, Hospital System or Practice Administrator