VML is all about putting everything you are into everything you do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection.
The Lead Web Developer is innovative and provides creative new concepts and leadership. He or she leads the successful completion of major projects by investigating, analyzing and resolving complex application problems; designs and codes and compiles and tests complex websites and applications; employs standards, security methods and tools related to building enterprise web applications; provides programming and project leadership and training to subordinate personnel; works with project management and leadership to provide time estimates and schedules for projects; communicates regularly with department management and functional users on project requirements, activities and status; leads technical reviews of feasibility studies, designs documentation and validation reviews; and applies process management techniques to improve software engineering standards, processes and techniques.
- Working with the Technical Director, Technical Architect, App/Web Developer, Database Administrator, System Administrator, Project Management, Account Management and Creative to create best-in-class websites and applications, completing all requirements and meeting usability expectations
- Developing and/or maintaining a sustainable front-end framework and coordinating with other team members
- Partnering with Technology personnel to develop creative marketing technology solutions in support of meeting client expectations
- Estimating timelines for assigned projects and ensuring that work is completed with the estimate given
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of short- and long-term technology plans and related policies and procedures
- Taking a lead role in establishing and implementing standards that will facilitate a quality IT infrastructure across VML and all clients
As part of the WPP Group, VML offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business. VML is headquartered in Kansas City.
- Reviews creative work and identifies issues with layout, consistency, browser compatibility, etc.
- Has a strong understanding of client-side and server-side, pros/cons of using
- Possesses superior analytical, problem-solving abilities
- Has excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Can anticipate and independently provide solutions for complex problems and issues, recommending upgrades, enhancements, priorities and strategic technology directions based on independent research, consultation and analysis
- Can rapidly absorb complex technical and conceptual information, identifying key issues and details, and present understandable alternatives to both technical and nontechnical individuals at all levels of the organization
- Can work on multiple complex tasks against deadlines and shifting priorities and is comfortable dealing with uncertainty, ambiguity and change
- Possesses project management and leadership abilities
- Can identify the practical implications of new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in CSC, CIS or other related field, plus five to seven years of project execution and management experience and well-developed client skills.
- Qualified candidates will have five to seven years of expert-level GUI development experience as well as experience with the most updated versions of front-end technologies and highly proven proficiency working with the following:
- Adobe Photoshop and creating "pixel perfect" HTML/CSS from .psd files
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Strong understanding of web architecture concepts (session, cache, cookies, connection pooling)
- Client-side performance optimization
- Facebook integration
- Qualified candidates will have solid working expert-level experience with one or more of the following analytics packages: Webtrends, Yahoo!, Google, Omniture, Spotlight, DoubleClick/DART, or Coremetrics
- Qualified candidates will have solid working expert-level experience with one or more of the following CMS platforms: TeamSite 7.0+, Vignette, MOSS, Drupal, Ektron 8.0+, Sitefinity, Sitecore, Day CQ5, or WordPress
- Qualified candidates will have five to seven years of experience creating flexible/scalable front-end frameworks using Flash and ActionScript 3+, ASP.NET (C#), Java, PHP, RDBMS, ColdFusion, font replacement techniques (@font-face, sIFR,Cufón, etc.), and/or Web services
VML is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 646