As the senior member of our growing web development team, you will design and implement solutions for our corporate websites, develop mobile applications, utilize social media platforms, support advanced online Marketing activities, and integrate with Vantage Deluxe World Travelinternal systems.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is the leader in adventure travel for thirty-five years. Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is a $300 million, state-of-the-art direct marketer of travel to the affluent mature market. When you join the Vantage team you become part of a global company, headquartered in Boston, with eight regional offices around the world. Our worldwide teams work together to provide exciting, culturally enriching travel programs to destinations on all seven continents, including on our European river cruise fleet. Since 1983, more than 400,000 travelers have joined us to see the world.
- Perform web development tasks utilizing .NET Framework, Web Services, and SQL Server
- Lead design and implementation of solutions for our corporate websites and micro sites
- Lead stakeholder interviews to determine business needs, technical impact, and recommendations
- Design and evolve highly interactive user interfaces and HTML prototypes for web and email initiatives
- Stay current on web technology and increase effectiveness of our online marketing activities
- Work as part of an agile team fostering teamwork, mentorship, and striving for overall excellence
- Utilize social media platforms, support advanced online Marketing activities, and integrate with internal systems.
- Provide technical leadership for development of innovative solutions for the business
- Provide subject matter expertise to technical and business staff
- Provide oversight of outsourced development efforts
- Additional duties as assigned
- Candidates with Sitecore experience will be given preference
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in a related field, with minimum 10 years’ experience
- Experience leading delivery of complex web applications and component-based frameworks
- Experience managing a team of Web developers
- Desired: AJAX, LINQ, CSS, XSLT, Web Analytics, mock frameworks, agile development skills
- Proven leader, individual contributor, and team player with excellent verbal/written communication skills,
- Flexible, dedicated, fun, excitable, ability/willing to mentor, with ego checked at the door
- Direct marketing or travel industry experience is a plus
- Application and/or data integration is a plus
- Mobile application development is a strong plus