Lead Web Developer / Architect
The Lead Web Developer / Architect will architecturally and technically lead the design, scoping, integration, and implementation of BCBSMA’s MyBlue websites to deliver an innovative and intuitive digitalexperience. Collaboratewith enterprise architecture, infrastructure design, application development, product management, and business teams to ensure highly reliable, extensible, maintainable, and operable features and platforms.
- In partnershipwith the Infrastructure Design and Application Development team, lead the definition of the architecture for the web platform including the technology used and methodology followed to deliver the web applications.
- Design a fast, resilient, and scalable web-based application which incorporates technical infrastructure strategy, configuration, and management and provide solutions to optimize performance and scalability.
- Create component design, identify component interaction within the broader system environment, recognize potential reuse and communicate these concepts to developers.
- Create and participate in producing team deliverables (including architecture and technical design documentation, standards, code development, and QA) to high quality standards.
- Develop technical architecture and design which delivers software and infrastructure that meets or exceeds BCBSMA’s security requirements.
- Work closelywithProduct Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new features and the next generation of product offering by taking ownership of the solution from end to end and being responsible for translating functional requirements into a mobile solution.
- Act as technical advisor for application development and internal teams in the IT department, to plan, implement, and support new and existing web technologies.
- Assist with the development of consistent technology frameworks, platforms, standards and processes and identify current and future web application development trends to be incorporated into a strategic roadmap.
- Deliver web platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices.
- As the subject matter expert, mentor junior team members to design, build and maintain application systems.
- Resolve technical issues and identify risks by building consensus among technical stakeholders.
- Work collaborativelywith cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with shifting priorities and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid leadership skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of 7years of technical experience
- Minimum of 5years of experience in a leadership role delivering complex enterprise projects
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering web-based applications
- Proven experience architecting, developing, delivering, and maintaining enterprise or consumer-facing mobile software systems using industry standard environments including Angular 4, JSON, REST, OAUTH2, HTML5
- Experience in a public cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experiencewith DevOps including Jenkins, Docker, and GitHub
- Proven ability to design, optimize, and integrate business processes across disparate system and technologies
- Experiencewith web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML) to integrate web applications to server side systems
- Experiencewith web analytics, preferably Adobe
- ExperiencewithAgile methodology, web testing tools, deployment and configuration management tools, and secure infrastructure management
- Experience in collaborating withtechnology vendors
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.