Responsible for developing and maintaining effective partner relationships with strategic vendors. Act as a principal liaison between the vendor and internal groups, including executive leadership, operational managers, service managers, and project management. Responsible for ensuring that the vendor meets or exceeds the contracted services, measures performance against operational service-level agreements (SLA), and coordinates vendor activity to meet current and future operational requirements. Drive and implement tailored vendor management strategies and techniques to create cost savings, manage demand for external vendor resources, and influence positive change in vendor management behavior at all levels of the organization. Ensure vendor performance expectations are aligned to corporate strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Prime facilitator for engagements between various levels of vendor contacts, business relationship managers, service leads, finance, legal, and strategic sourcing.
- Ensure vendor alignment with business strategy through effective account management, service improvement, service change orders, and issue escalation and resolution.
- Monitor vendor performance against goals via supplier management, contract management, and financial management and governance tools, as well as related reporting methodologies (dashboards, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and SLA reporting), and initiate corrective action.
- Develop, maintain, and execute supplier governance, including meeting cadence, project portfolio, change management, and best practices. Drive the dispute resolution process and enforce root cause analysis through process with operations teams.
- Communicate program status, issues, results, findings, and improvements to governance committees.
- Perform supply and demand forecasting, planning, and management. Manage cost and risk in support of original business case. Seek cost reductions where possible and participate in budget process.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the vendor contract and the obligations of both parties. Ensure delivery against obligations and objectives, and act as the subject matter expert regarding the vendor contract.
- Serve as vendor management subject matter expert and administer vendor management program. Monitor vendor management program compliance and work with vendors and business stakeholders to ensure participation and adherence to the program.
- Respond to questions from vendors and internal business customers related to vendor management.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Lead department projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven to ten years' experience in vendor management.
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications, and Experience:
- Vendor management experience with a health insurer or similar healthcare organization.
- Five or more years of relevant experience with a Fortune 500 organization or management consultancy.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or similar process improvement certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Proven ability to work in collaboration with external service providers, building and developing effective service provider relationships.
- Ability to establish, document, and ensure compliance with processes, guidelines, and policies.
- Knowledge of key vendor performance metrics.
- Ability to influence and lead strategic supply chain and business change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks.
- Strategic, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong business acumen and political savvy.
- Strong problem-solving skills.