Digital Reasoning needs an experienced Lead UX Designer that can provide mentorship for the full product team. This candidate must be a hands-on contributor in an agile environment. The ideal candidate will enjoy seeing the product continually iterate after research, data, debate, and design. You must be comfortable using data to validate design decisions and have experience with qualitative and qualitative research.
You must have a creditable portfolio and at least 8 years designing for web(enterprise is a plus). You should have experience with all aspects of UX design from interaction design, to information architecture, visual hierarchy, user research and workflow design for familiar users.
Lead Experience Designers drive UX strategy and interaction design. They have a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction and are fluent in the latest technology trends. They are design leaders, innovative problem solvers, self-starters and strong collaborators who excel in a fast paced environment.
You must be comfortable demonstrating your UX, UI, and Research work from your portfolio.
This is a great opportunity for problem solvers, who are comfortable working with ambiguity and enjoy the process of creative exploration and building functional prototypes.
The Lead UX Designer works closely with internal teams and external influencers to evolve the user experience to balance the aesthetic and functional aspects of the applications for our users. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to the user interaction.
- We need a multi-threaded thinker. Someone who can discover multiple solutions to a single problem.
- In partnership with a product owner, contributes to the creation of wireframes, user journeys, flow charts, use cases and prototypes.
- Can conceptualize how a feature will work within a Design System.
- Has a competent knowledge of business requirements, brand, consumer and competitive landscape to inform insightful design ideas.
- Articulates creative concepts and designs internally to team and management.
- Can demonstrate the ability to build a Design System, then maintain and work within it.
- Concept sketches, presentation decks and storyboards.
- Incorporates revisions per business and user feedback as appropriate and ensures approved creative conforms to style guidelines.
- Has a thick skin with a solution driven attitude towards feedback.
- Ability to solve problems while considering timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing product needs
- Works enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members, has a clear understanding of how a project team operates, their responsibilities throughout a project and what is expected in work review and team meetings.
- Partners with UX, Dev, Product Owner, and business stakeholders to ensure the project meets creative strategy/project objectives.
- Considers technology requirements and designs a solution that complements the technical strategy.
- Perform usability testing to empirically evaluate efficacy of specific designs, using techniques such as A/B Test and Multivariate Testing
- Be aware of investigative questions that lead to discovery of intent over expectation.
- Get familiar with Jared Spool's talk "Is Design Metrically Opposed?"
Our Core Design Values
- Use research to validate design decisions.
- Use a robust Design System to consolidate work, and keep the experience consistent.
- Be multi-threaded thinkers.
- Keep the focus on a Solution Driven attitude with the product team.
- Understand the value of iteration, and the impact of negotiation.
- Design in the open. We use Figma, everyone has access and can view your work at any time.
- Experience developing clean, valid and novel/web mobile applications.
- Advanced command of standard design and layout applications.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize feedback/direction from Product Owner and Users to generate design explorations and iterate to the satisfaction of the project lead.
- Experience with animation and motion frameworks.