MobileIron is on the cutting edge of the mobile revolution. Think about how important your phone is – mobile devices are becoming increasingly critical for employees to be productive at work. This has left companies struggling to keep those devices secure while enabling access to company information and preserving employee privacy and positive user experience. More and more companies are now turning to Enterprise Mobility Management software to assist them with that priority. Thousands of organizations have selected MobileIron as the platform for their mobile strategies. In fact, MobileIron is the leading standalone EMM vendor in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant and has been recognized as a Leader for 7 consecutive years.
Are you excited by cloud, security, and mobile? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we scale to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
The User Experience (UX) team is the driving force behind the design and usability of MobileIron’s Unified Endpoint Management solutions. We are a creative, collaborative, and fun team. We also care deeply about each team member’s professional growth and development. Here is your opportunity to have a real impact with real end users of our products across the globe.
We are seeking a talented Lead UX Designer who excels at: applying user-centered design (UCD) techniques; working with diverse internal and external stakeholders; is able to take design decisions based on empathy as well as quantifiable data insights; and designs consistent, scalable, elegant, and productivity-enhancing interactive software. This Sr. UX Designer knows how to design easy-to-understand solutions for complex usage scenarios and is skilled at delivering designs that help end users do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
You will be responsible for designing new user experiences and creating design mockups and interactive prototypes for both our desktop browser apps and mobile apps.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are highly experienced at designing user-centered UX for enterprise and security applications. You have designed web-based cloud applications. You have also worked with other UX designers, researchers, and product team members to deliver best practices in user-centered design, information architecture, and interaction design. You enjoy working with product managers to understand and define business requirements, but you are also comfortable discussing technical capabilities and constraints with software developers. Most importantly you relish interacting with customers, validating your designs / prototypes, and then improving them based on their feedback.
- Owning the overall user experience and information architecture for your products
- Creating information architectures, task flows, user-interaction models, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, detailed designs, design briefs, design specs and guidelines with little direction.
- Influencing product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers.
- Delivering all aspects of amazing user experience design while working with product managers, engineers, visual designers, and usability researchers to deliver world-class products for our Mobile First world
- Develop scalable and flexible design frameworks to maintain clean and simple user interfaces as we grow, with a focus on simplicity and ease of use
- Gain deep understanding of our users by conducting user research and evaluating site and user data from our third party analytical tools
- Work with user research to conduct user testing to gather user feedback, needs, and insights to identify new and validate existing opportunities for improvement
- Evangelize UX throughout the organization
- Foster a fun, creative, collaborative team spirit
- 8+ years as an interaction designer, creating excellent interfaces for web-based software that delight the customer
- Experience designing experiences for enterprise software, in particular administrators in security space, is a major plus.
- Ability to think in terms of end-to-end UI design and global patterns from concept through production detailing
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Apply strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback and understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work closely and effectively with Product Management and Engineering leaders, marketing, and other UX professionals
- A leader -- a strong desire to collaborate with teammates and work on broader product strategy based on your knowledge of what’s going on “out there”
- Demonstrated proficiency with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Fireworks, Illustrator, Axure, Photoshop, Balsamiq, Visio, Principle, etc.
- Familiarity with user research methods, and how these are used to support the design process
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent experience in HCI, Industrial Design, Engineering Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
A portfolio review will be required as part of the interview process. Candidates without a portfolio of past work will not be considered.
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.