This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Under general direction, analyzes, underwrites, quotes, negotiates, binds and services GL business written on a non-admitted basis.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prospect new business targets and opportunities. Develop account strategy and follow up with producer/agent to ensure AXIS receives opportunity to offer proposal.
- Review and evaluate new and renewal business based upon company guidelines. Develop account strategy and proposal based upon full underwriting knowledge including industry, competitor news and economic factors. Ensure strategy implemented. Change focus as required.
- Review account coverage requests. Determine AXIS position within granted authority and communicate to agent.
- Analyze and underwrite individual risks. Develop appropriate limit structure, retention pricing and endorsements, Refer to supervisor when outside granted authority.
- Manage personal book of business with regards to new lines, renewals and cross marketing of product lines within AXIS.
- Meet all divisional servicing objectives including but not limited to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, renewal management, file maintenance and documentation, etc.
- Maintain data integrity for underwriting system.
- Assist in the training and development of staff
- Perform required marketing calls through regular broker visits
- Act as Broker liaison representing AXIS to ensure distribution management objectives are achieved.
- Perform all necessary travel for marketing calls as well as client meetings.
- Continue to develop and update product and underwriting knowledge.
- Work closely with other profit centers and branch marketing representatives to allow for successful cross marketing of AXIS products.
- Participate as requested in development of Regional strategy. Upon finalization, participate in implementation of the plan.
- Participate on projects or similar related work as required.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
- Eight or more years underwriting experience for Surplus Lines Primary GL accounts.
- Advanced technical expertise, underwriting skills and a high level of knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures. Experience should include ability to manuscript forms and manage individual portfolios
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills
- Strong presentation skills and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong broker contacts and relationships.