Finding the right fit:
Our transportation division is seeking a confident and accountable lead transportation engineer who has the skill set to oversee multiple projects, the diligence to represent our clients, and the professional acumen to collaborate with construction contractors.
As the lead engineer, you'll play a vital role in overseeing the success of projects. You'll be expected to operate independently, identify problems, and exercise appropriate judgement toconfirm projects are completed accurately, on time, and on budget. Your leadership and strong communication skills will poise you to build strong teams that understand the value and impact of the work. You'll be encouraged to think strategically about growing the transportation construction workload and be presented with opportunities for client contactand business development.
This position may include short-term assignments, working on projects located near, and managed out of, other Ayres Associates' offices as part of our work-sharing practices.
On any given day, you'll:
- Serve as resident engineer for transportation construction projects.
- Be responsible for completing projects on time and within budget.
- Perform construction engineering duties that include field layout of projects, quantity verification, record keeping, contractor pay estimate and contract modification preparation, construction meetings, materials acceptance and testing, WisDOT finals, QA/QC process, and general inspection.
- Assist with design engineering duties which include preparing reports, plans, and specifications; researching design standards and code requirements; and conducting field investigation of design problems.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in transportation or construction.
- Registered professional engineer (PE) in the state of Wisconsin or ability to become one within 6 months.
- A minimum of 5 years of construction experience on roads and/or bridges.
- Willingness to travel out of town for periods of time.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Proficiency in FieldManager, Civil3D, MicroStation, InRoads and other transportation engineering software.
- Experience on WisDOT project development process, construction observation and materials testing for WisDOT projects.
- Certification in WisDOT Highway Technician Program credentials desirable.