Lead Transmission Engineer
Office Location:Naperville, Illinois Discipline:Power Delivery
ENERCON Services, is an employee owned, premier Engineering and Environmental Services Company. Our double-digit year-over-year growth is fueled by the quality of work we perform as an EOC (Engineer of Choice) to a large base of the power facilities in the US, as well as to an expanding global customer base. Our Power Delivery Services group performs transmission, distribution, and substation engineering services for a variety of Investor Owned Utilities, Municipalities, and Cooperatives throughout the entire US.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Transmission Line Engineer in our Naperville, Ill office to provide design engineering for transmission projects. This is a long-term assignment supporting ongoing projects for our clients throughout the eastern United States.
In this role your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design transmission lines from 69 kV to 765 kV
- Strategize and meet with peers and clients to determine specific project needs and requirements such as conductor selection, pole utilization, and route optimization
- Work with vendors to identify potential materials, equipment and new design solutions to solve dynamic client requirements
- Utilize PLS-CADD to review and check transmission line models, conductor sags, plan and profile drawings, and verify right of way requirements
- Coordinate small design teams as needed in order to develop budgets, prepare scoping documents, design criteria, and projectdeliverables.
- Provide clients with engineering assistance during construction, and be available to attend construction meetings, coordination efforts and community outreach as needed.
- Other duties as required
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
- BS in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- PE License (North Carolina preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience with transmission line design
- Familiarity and working knowledge of appropriate design techniques, tools and software involved in the production of projectdeliverables including plan and profile drawings, structure utilization reports, and material coordination.
- Solid knowledge of NESC, IEEE, ASCE 7 and AISC
- Solid knowledge of PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER, AutoCAD and foundation design software such as MFAD, L-Pile or similar
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Existing client relationships considered a plus
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific
- background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
- Required to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel length may vary depending on project
- and client needs, ranging from a few weeks to several months at a time