Directs strategic objectives through partnership with business, technology and project teams to drive Operations transformation initiatives. Aligns focus, efforts and objectives to a higher organizational strategy and applies those strategies to team and individual activities.
- Represent Transamerica as a business expert both internally and with external parties with an emphasis in understanding and managing the implementation of digital business solutions and requirements to deliver capabilities across the insurance value chain.
- Manage sprint scope, planning, and execution driving successful implementations within the Transamerica architecture as well as, dependent and integrated environments with third party administrators and/or distribution partners.
- Design user stories, business requirements, business process flows, wireframes, data requirements, and other artifacts core to insurance process execution and stakeholder experience and implement including user testing in partnership with Transamerica Technology and / or external technical vendors.
- Translate business needs into system requirements documentation; provide information to end users in an easy-to-understand way.
- Encourage and facilitate pods of subject matter experts and stakeholders who are focused on positive outcomes and relationships across the organization.
- Serve as a point of contact for escalation issues from the third party; help manage the daily monitoring of activity with business and third party.
- Develop the business case for proposed solutions, including identification of the need, research of the business benefits, the development of proposed solutions and impacts, and related data analysis relative to the business solution, business need or platform.
- Research and collaborate with stakeholders to uncover factors that may impact business solutions.
- Conduct gap analysis of the future state vs. current state and report findings.
- Create cost benefit analysis to support recommendations.
- Develop and direct project or program roadmaps and solution rollout strategy, across all business areas.
- Develop a communication plan and present targeted messages to specific audiences.
- Provide opportunities for knowledge transfer through training and development of others in areas such as operational excellence and productivity improvement.
- May lead a team of individuals, including hiring and staff development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of experience related to business process analysis, business analysis, project management, performance benchmarking, metrics, change management, operational transformation, or strategic alignment.
- Two years of management experience.
- Broad knowledge of business operations and in-depth knowledge of three or more of the following key areas: claims, customer service, new business, premiums/billing, insurance product, insurance systems.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with business, technology and project teams.
- Writing skills to develop communication materials and report research findings in a compelling way.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Technical aptitude to identify and document system requirements.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to push past face value of obstacles and explore solutions from stakeholder or system perspectives.
- PC proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience working on large scale projects within Operations or Technology.
- FLMI designation.
- Change Management or Lean certification.
- Office environment.
- Moderate travel.