As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Lead IT SecurityThreat Intelligence Analyst position is a critical part of the IT SecurityThreat Intelligence team. This position will participate in various Threat Intelligence and Vulnerability Management responsibilities including daily threat analysis from threat feeds, hunting activities based on reports and indicators from threat intelligence feeds, partnering with the Incident Response team to support Discovery and Recovery before and during incidents to assist in understanding the Threat Actor. This position will also serve as part of an on-call escalation for critical events that assistance is required and provide process/policy improvements for the 24x7 Security Operation Center. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform various security process reviews and suggest tuning opportunities to SecurityEngineering and Security Operation Team to increase efficacy on the various tools.
- Work closely with SecurityEngineering and Security Architects to provide real world risk assessments to projects and other initiatives
- Provide communication, direction and expertise during a security incident to the various IT teams to ensure the proper execution of the Security Incident Response Plan.
- Develop and refine new threat concerns and intelligence requirements for specific to MGM
- Use knowledge, creativity, and analytic tradecraft best practices to obtain solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables under conditions of uncertainty
- Create trend and correlation analysis and scenario forecasting at both the tactical and strategic level and provide input and recommendations based on findings to senior management
- Manage red teams, war-games, and/or exercises for development and execution
- Respond to ad-hoc vulnerability and threat related queries from senior management
- Ensure timely response to all suspense deadlines and administrative actions
- Perform daily review of threat intelligence from many threat feeds and action on relevant artifacts
- Make recommendations to Operations and/or the Engineering/Architecture team for improvements to security posture
- Support the generation of meaningful information security metrics for the Threat Intelligence and Vulnerability Management programs
- Participate in advanced threat hunting activities to detect new and potentially unknown events in the MGM environment
- Experience working in Gaming, Retail, or Hospitality IT securitydesired
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing. Excellent writing skills are mandatory. Must be able to provide writing sample.
- Understanding of cyberthreat issues such as computer intrusions, malicious code, cyber terrorism, threatfinance, money laundering / fraud / eCrime, and other criminal activity
- Experience assessing technical intelligence collection and analytic products, including behavioral analysis and reverse engineering outputs from Incident Response or automated sandbox testing
- Understanding of risk management, risk assessment, and risk communication functions
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research and analytical methods
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to participate and provide input during crisis situations
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data to find correlations
- Self-starter with great personal initiative
- Ability to work directly with multiple teams
- Ability to work in areas of a confidential nature
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Maintains a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM Resorts International standards.
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, NetworkSecurity, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- At least five (5) years’ experience with Threat Intelligence/Information Security/Information Technology
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- (Computer skills/programs)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- 3-5 years’ cyberthreat, information assurance, or intelligence experience
- 1 year minimum experience of security incident response