Job Title: Lead Testing Specialist
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: 12 months+
Seeking Lead Testing Specialists to provide User Acceptance Testing and related services.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Testing Specialists, direct the work of the testing team as they design and execute tests and evaluate results to ensure compliance with Client policies.
- Prepare test scripts and all required test documentation, design and prepare all needed test data, review test results and evaluate for conformance to design.
- Translate verbal and written requirements/functional specifications into effective test cases/scenarios in order to conduct integrated, scenario-based User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of a complex healthcare system.
- Create test cases to be used in testing business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated into the system design.
- Develop and identify test data for test scenarios.
- Execute test cases and document results of the execution.
- Document defects identified during test case execution and work withdevelopers to resolve the defects.
- Create a test plan and a test calendar to coordinate testing within the project and establish time-lines for successful completion.
- Assist in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Work with client and management to resolve issues and validate requirements within their specific areas of responsibility.
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews of test cases, test plans, and test case execution results.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in User Acceptance Testing.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience leading teams of software testers.
- Strong testing and analytical skills with keen attention to details.
- Strong knowledge of the functional aspects of State Health Benefit Exchange system or any State Based Marketplace (SBM) system.
- Experience in Quality Assurance (QA) related functions.
- Demonstrated ability to test healthcare/marketplace applications.
- Proven experience working effectively and collaboratively with stakeholders from multiple functional teams of the organization.
Preferred Qualifications (would be plus, not mandatory) :
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as a JAVA/Web application tester on complex and dynamic, multi-agency technology projects within the healthcare industry.
- Experience in testing or supporting the State Health Benefit Exchange system or other State Based Marketplace (SBM) systems.
- Experience with EDI 834 and Medicaid 8001 transactions.
- Experience in the development of automation scripts using Selenium, QTP etc.
- Hands-on experience in backend database testing on DB2, SQL, PostgreSQL or any other enterprise database systems.
- Demonstrated strong technical testing skills using SQL to perform complex DB queries.
- Experience with defect -tracking/management tools such as JIRA.
- Demonstrated experience with industry standard Quality Assurance best practices for Agile and Iterative SDLCs, testing methodologies, version control systems, implementation, and deployment activities.
- Experience in mobile testing, system testing, data warehouse migration testing, data integrity testing and data transformation related testing.