Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Lead Test Automation Engineer. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a quality assurance resource for technology development requests including projects, small enhancements, upgrades, patches and break fix within the PeopleSoft system.
- Lead integration, regression and performance testing phases.
- Enable and lead practice improvements through test automation.
- Architect automation framework enhancements that scales and caters to the needs of the business.
- Recommend, apply, manage and support effectual test automation technologies, tools and techniques.
- Engage in complex projects to identify testing optimization though using tools and technology.
- Implement cost-effective solutions, best practices, standards and guidelines for automating tests.
- Implement holistic functional and non-functional test automation strategies aiming to maximize test coverage and productivity while tightening QA cycle time.
- Improve capability and refine feature sets of the automation framework.
- Design, develop and sustain efficient procedures, methodologies and practices.
- Optimize product quality and performance by participating in architectural and technical designs sessions.
- Liaise between IT and Business groups on testing programs and projects.
- Evangelize proactivity, process innovation and test automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years PeopleSoft experience with familiarity on test automation framework, processes and technologies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading, supervising, and developing test automation for complex integrations and interdependent applications.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft data structures, core table set up and be able to analyze complex issues.
- Knowledge of test automation best practices, technologies, tools, techniques and metrics.
- Experience in fast-paced software development lifecycle using Waterfall, Agile and hybrid methodologies.
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and translate to actionable events.
- Ability effectively communicate and collaborate with technical and business teams, onshore and offshore.
- Passion for elevating quality through technology, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Goal-driven and solution-oriented mindset.
- Accomplished team leader, motivator and enabler of change.