Senior Technical Project Manager (Telecomunications/Telecom)
Excelacom is a consulting and technology solutions company founded in 2000 with a focus on Communications and Media providers. At the core, we solve clients' complex business, technology and operational challenges through a combination of consulting expertise and telecom-focused product solutions. Our consulting teams optimize existing systems and work on an accelerated timeline using innovative approaches and best practices that minimize risk and maximize return to improve business and operational performance without costly technology transformations. Excelacom is a global company and is headquartered in the United States in Reston, VA, outside of Washington, D.C., with offices in North America and Europe as well as a technology center in Chennai, India.
We are looking for someone to lead a team of technical staff providing product support and software engineering services for one of our major clients for our flagship product, Century. The person will manage US and offshore technical staff (architects, software engineers, testers) to maintain and enhance Century and ensure its seamless integration with the client’s new OSS / BSS platform. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced technical leader who enjoys client delivery and is comfortable with helping clients manage both the opportunities and challenges that accompany technological transitions. If you fit this bill, we want to hear from you.
Day in the Life:
Our client is undergoing a major transformation of its underlying OSS / BSS infrastructure, and is two years into a multi-year effort. If you’ve lived through a similar event, you know this means only one thing – what you plan at the beginning of the month may very well not be what you end up doing that month. Your immediate job will be to ensure that Century continues to perform its function throughout the transformation. You will work with both the IT and the business sides of the client to ensure ongoing operations and system performance. You will also provide architectural and business process expertise within the ordering and provisioning functions. To accomplish this you will work with US-based and offshore staff on a daily basis, serving as the technical lead for Century operations while managing the client business. While performing this day job, you will also keep an ear to the ground to identify business opportunities that naturally emanate from a period of significant technology transition.
This Job is for You if You’re Great at (and Enjoy):
- Overseeing all aspects of technical project management using an agile development methodology
- Supporting industry leaders during a time of significant change and competitive uncertainties
- Leading a team of on and offshore resources
- Ensuring that technical requirements are well documented, QA is thorough, and deployment plans are clear and executed in a timely manner
- Working with key client resources to identify both project and client business risks and developing and proactively acting on risk mitigation plans as needed
- Ensuring project objectives are met by monitoring, measuring, and communicating progress regularly, both internally and with the client
- Nurturing new business opportunities
- Managing account and project-specific financials
- Experienceand Knowledge
- 5+ years technical project management with an established consulting firm in the commercial space (non-negotiable)
- 3+ years direct experience as a consultant to or working in the telcom industry
- Deep understanding of OSS / BSS particularly in the context of B2B services and in the functional areas of CRM, ordering, and provisioning
- Managing full SDLC in an offshore delivery model
- Technical Skills
- Leading Agile development efforts
- Strong capabilities with technologies such as Java/J2EE, extJS, SQL and experience with web services and microservices
- Experience with the following development tools: Hudson Continuous Integration Server, Eclipse IDE, Subversion, Toad for SQL Server, Log/File extraction tools such as Putty/Filezilla/WinScp; Requirements Tools: Apache Jira and Rally; Testing Tools: SoapUI, HP ALM, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy
- Strong management practices that emphasize your teammates success and well-being through collaboration, objective setting, coaching, and career development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering field (preferred)
Extra Bonus if You Have:
- Certified Scrum Master certification
- Working knowledge of AMDOCS platform
- Experience managing a significant data migration effort and / or technology migration
- Familiarity with latest trends in telecom technology (e.g., SDN, NFV)
- Experience with DevOps
If you can picture yourself thriving in this environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Excelacom is an Equal Opportunity Employer