Quorum is a strategic data hub for Front and Middle Office applications across Global Market Equities. It provides a high performance low latency real-time reference data capability for the global equities business at Deutsche Bank. Quorum uses modern high availability and distributed technology as a platform together with state of the art in-house developed algorithms to provide up to the second delivery of business critical instrument, client, book and product reference data. It serves Deutsche Bank’s world class algorithmic and low latency DMA trading, order management and market connectivity stack as well as the global derivatives and the global prime finance businesses and multiple support functions including Risk and P&L.
This role is an Application Development Lead for Reference data. The Application Development Lead is expected to take full end-to-end responsibility for all software delivery aspects. The role encompasses leading the team of 10-15 developers and QA to deliver Equities Reference Data solutions.
This is a very technical hands-on role and requires prior hands-on experience in creating distributed, highly available solutions as well as managerial experience.
Application Development Lead will be involved in driving multiple projects simultaneously and work with small sub-teams as each delivery progresses the strategic target operating model. The role involves detailed management reporting, resourcing planning and prioritization across multiple development groups. You must be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced front-office trading environment.
- Lead and manage a 10-15 strong global development team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Leads/Stakeholders in the Business, IT and Ops to ensure alignment with client needs
- Ensure solution delivery model adheres to the Equities Strategic Architecture and specifically – to the future state Client/Instrument data architecture
- Manage teams to continually deliver change to the strategic Equities front-office reference data platform
- Actively participate in low-level technical decisions, e.g. System architecture, best practices, etc
- Responsible for Service Delivery including SLA adherence and issue/incident management
- Partner with enterprise reference data teams to deliver best of breed front-to-back solutions
- Work with larger Equities development team to gather requirements, influence/accelerate data adoption/migration to the strategic reference data platform
- Hands-on experience in Java
- Hands-on experience working with relational databases, preferably – Oracle; Strong SQL skills
- Prior experience of managing global development teams or having technical leadership position
- Experience working in fast-paced agile environments, proven stakeholder management abilities
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven experience with SDLC tools & management systems
- Strong knowledge of middleware technologies; knowledge of JMS or any messaging service
- Excellent consumer relationship management skill with service-oriented mind set
- Ability to work across multiple global business groups and domains
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in data management disciplines such as data sourcing, data analysis and data distribution
- Organized, structured, strong attention to detail with demonstrable ability to break down complex problems into phased deliverables
- Working knowledge of Instrument / Product reference data domain and understand it’s usage in Equity front office applications like OMS, EMS, Algos, Regulatory Reporting, etc
- Experience in delivering technical and/or operational data management solutions in the Financial Services Industry meeting the needs of equities front-office trading
- Experience and knowledge for Equities Trading platforms is a plus; Knowledge of Equities divisional products and flows will be helpful
- Knowledge of MongoDB, Kafka, Elastic-stack nice to have
Education / Certification:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline.
Job ID: 3175166