Less than 5 years
Posted 258 days ago
We need a candidate with experience as a technician on heavy equipment, ag equipment, trucks or related and supervisory experience.
Position Title Lead Technician
Purpose of Position
The core responsibility of the Lead technician is to provide leadership and guidance to the other technicians and to assists in the growth and betterment of the entire team and company.
* Exceptional customer service with internal and external customers
* Unity - the ability and willingness to work with others
* Integrity - must be professional, confidential and use discretion with proprietary information
* Devotion - must be dedicated to customers, co-workers, and the good of the company
* Quality - must take pride and see the importance of quality of work, have an attention to detail, and be time conscious.
* The Lead Tech must be able to clearly demonstrate their ability to set and reach performance goals.
* They must conduct every aspect of their job in an ethical manner. They must have the ability to sell recommended service; interview employment candidates; manage and motivate the company's personnel; work well under pressure; and resolve customer and employee issues in a professional, expedient manner.
* The Lead Tech must also have the ability to lead the technicians under him, measuring productivity, efficiency and quality as well as be productive themselves
* The Lead Tech must have basic computer knowledge..
* Safety and a safe work environment is the responsibility of all staff members.
* The lead tech must be available to review the day's work with the Service Manager prior to the shop meeting that is to start promptly at 7:45 AM.
* Overtime, including Saturdays and traveling will be required.
* Technicians are required to have all of the necessary tools needed to efficiently perform their duties.
* They must be able to exert physical effort while standing, walking and lifting material/objects with the ability to be mobile100% of work time.
* They must be flexible, time conscious, and be able to move from project to project with minimal supervision.
* They must be able to conduct their day-to-day duties in a highly professional manner, working effectively in a diverse working environment, while being highly motivated.
* Dedication to the company's mission statement, to employee development & growth, to company performance and to 100% customer satisfaction.
* The Lead Tech will be expected to lead by example and set a positive professional example at all times.
* Many of the Lead Tech's responsibilities overlap with the Service Manager's responsibilities. They assist each other toward a common goal where teamwork is key.
* All shop staff is required to have a pair of pliers, and railroad approved pocket knife on them at all times.
* They are also required to have their personal safety equipment readily available at all times (safety glasses, railroad approved steel toed shoes, hard hat, ear protection, reflective vest etc.).
* They are expected to utilize these items in good judgment concerning their safety and the safety of others in the shop building. On the job site these items are not optional, they will be worn. Safety and a safe work environment is the responsibility of all staff members.
* Meet and greet all customers in a gracious, professional manner
* Manage daily technical production and efficiency, including producing own work.
* Train and hold team members accountable for quality & complete check in & final check out
* Review courtesy checks immediately and get them to Service Advisor ASAP
o Order parts when needed utilizing parts request form
* Indicate the exact repair instructions including time expectations to both the Technician and the Service Advisor
* Review all parts request forms, ensuring quality, accuracy, reasoning and time needed.
* Use & train in the use of whatever means necessary to look up technical information. Shop Key, Tractor Trailer, Fleet Body, Patis (Palfinger), Extranet
* Be up to date and trained on diag equipment
o Hold others accountable for usage of diag equipment when applicable
* Seek and continue education & inspire others to do the same
* Ensures the proper and approved disposal of all tires and environmentally hazardous materials in a timely manner
* Ensure all time sheets have been properly completed and turned in for the day
* Review time sheets and make sure they are:
* Turned In
* Complete with PO Numbers, Unit Numbers, Parts Used
* 4 C's are covered in all areas with all repairs
* Coordinate the wrap up business and close shop at the end of the day. All doors shut, lights, cords, hoses & hose reels picked up and put away.
* Monitor & inspect cleanliness & condition of shop tools & equipment
* Coordinate who will be on call after hours & on weekends
* Attend/Hold employee meetings. Attend and participate in leadership meetings and training when needed and asked
* Review weekly highs & lows from all mechanic staff members as well as gross profit work sheet with management team.
* Coordinate with Service Manager to set performance goals for each technician and monitor/review progress.
* Handle all customer complaints in compliance with corporate guidelines. If an issue cannot be resolved it must be brought to Bill &/or Carrie immediately!
* Maintains and continues to improve company policies, procedures & standards
* Hold all employees accountable for their performance, efficiency, cleanliness and quality of work.
* Coordinate with parts manager & service manager to maintain and control inventory of parts and supplies.
* Accept other duties and responsibilities as directed by management.
* All employees must meet DOT requirements.
* Valid Driver's License with the goal of acquiring CDL in under a year of employment
* Certification of Violations - a record of any citations or convictions in the last year.
A Certificate of Violations will need to be filled out every time you receive or are convicted of a traffic violation &/or receive a citation. You must notify your supervisor immediately and get a form from the office.
* DOT Physical - every 2years unless specified otherwise by a doctor.
* DOT Inspection form is required to be current & in every service truck
* Daily Log - turn into the office with your trip sheet
* Post Inspection forms
* Pre-trip Inspection of vehicle
* All employees will be subject to random drug testing as part of a pool of drivers
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 3+ years of technical experience on heavy equipment, ag equipment, or trucks.
2. Own set of tools.
3. Supervisory experience.
4. Local or close enough for a short easy move.