Integrated Finance and Accounting Solutions (IFAS) is an 8(a), service-disabled veteran, woman owned small disadvantaged business firm that applies integrated finance and accounting solutions to every engagement to help clients build sustain, and maintain a profitable business model. We do this with a corporate commitment to provide on time service that is mission focused and results driven. It is our true belief that finding the right solutions to your business' mission makes doing business less challenging. IFAS’ core capabilities include business & Finance operations, IT Support Services, Acquisition and logistics support.
Lead Technical Writer in support of the U.S. Coast Guard Surface Forces Logistics Center, Engineering Branch, responsible for the management of Logistics Support documentation for all USCG cutters and boats
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in the development of TCTO’s/EC’s, EILSP’s and other logistics management writing and archiving activities, as required, for the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology, may maintain records and files of work and revisions, may select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material, assist in laying out material for publication, and arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
- Uses computer- aided design tools such as AutoCAD to develop, document, modify and maintain technical drawings.
- Revises or writes material that is mostly standardized for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- Performs version control and management of tech revisions and updates to tech drawings and manual content.
- Creates provisioning case files, Prototype Evaluation Plans (PEPs), TCTO as directed
- Develops and manages POA&M’s as directed by the Government
- Reviews inventory levels of equipment for assigned platforms and develop/maintain demand forecasting documentation as directed by the Government
- Posts GFE requirements to the assigned platform’s website
- Develop and maintain ILSPs for assigned platforms
- Must have knowledge of the CG SFLC Supply support procedures and provisioning process
- Must be knowledgeable of Equipment/System Integrated Logistics Support Plans (EILSPs) and Equipment Support Sheets (ESSs)
- Must have excellent writing skills and team working skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Coast Guard Standard Workstation III and proficient in independent research.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products including Power Point, Word, Access and Excel (SharePoint is a plus)
- Must have USCG technical drawing experience and familiarity with industry standard software.
- The technical writer shall have 5 plus (5+) years of experience in a wide variety of technical writing projects, of which two years must be specifically related to USCG shipboard systems, USCG hardware, and USCG software applications and networks.
- Technical School or Bachelor's degree, with at least 3 years of experience.
- DHS Public Trust and Secret depending on the vessel they will work on
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience with all the development of Field Changes, Engineering Changes, Technical Manual updates and TCTO’s