The Technical Lead will lead large scale software engineering projects for the International portfolio by championing the development activities across multiple cross-discipline teams in the Subway ecosystem including API, Menu, Data, Digital, Finance and POS platforms. The Technical Lead will collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to direct detailed solution implementations on large-scale projects and ensure solution alignment with development teams across the enterprise. The Technical Lead will drive detailed application solutioning and technical issue resolution for the International portfolio delivering on key initiatives including 3rd party food delivery integration. The Technical Lead will partner with product owners and project managers to align on scope, requirements, and schedule for overall delivery while driving successful implementation outcomes.
- Align with Product Owner and Stakeholders on scope and requirements for large scale projects. Drive detailed technical discovery across cross-discipline team to identify requirements gaps upfront in the project lifecycle
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture to ensure clarity of solution across the cross-discipline development teams. Continually address issues and risks in the implementation of the solution that arise during a project lifecycle
- Drive for results on the overall project delivery by continually coordinating across application development teams to ensure aligned technical solution for a high-quality, high performance & resiliency, and supportable product
- Communicate to senior leadership stakeholders on technical status, issue, and recommendations for resolution. Drive remediation plans to completion
- Bachelor's Required in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years experience developing production software and 5+ years leading software development teams
- Hands-on experience in architecting, solutioning, delivery, coding, maintenance, and security of enterprise technology solution with custom and vendor packaged solutions
- Experience in a technical delivery lead role successfully driving the large scale complex applications. Ability to lead large-scale software engineering projects throughout the full software development life cycle
- Experience using modern software engineering and product development approaches including Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, Cloud (AWS and/or Azure) etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across varying levels of personnel
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action
OUR WORK PERKS:
While we offer a competitive salary for the position, we also have additional perks you might enjoy, such as:
- Free breakfast & lunch – Subway of course!
- A gorgeous campus surrounded by walking trails and a relaxing lake – perfect for a mid-day break
- After work yoga – good for the body and mind
- Tuition reimbursement – for those who wish to further their education
The Company is only considering applicants who are currently authorized to work in the U.S.
Bachelors or better in Computer Sciences or related field.
5 years: Leading software development teams
8 years: Experience developing production software