Scopely is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to direct our efforts in structuring technical art foundations for the Dice franchise.
Join us! We are a highly engaged group of developers driving to make an excellent game. We value teamwork and a sense of humor.
- Work with external Art Director and art team to visualize elegant solutions to complex ideas.
- Work with Engineers to identify production bottlenecks and repetitive workflows that can be automated.
- Lead the planning and execution of new tools and scripts to speed up production.
- Create and own initial prefab creation for project's most complex feature UI and Scenes being developed.
- Implement 2D in-game assets into Unity using UGUI.
- Rigorously maintain a naming convention and folder structure for the game Client as well as source art directory.
- Manage the organization and package management of all DLC assets.
- Guide and mentor tech artists throughout all phases of development to ensure that artists are using the latest and most effective industry standard methods.
- Ensure that overall game performance from an art perspective is a constant priority (draw calls, memory consumption, etc.).
- Establish and maintain a semi-frequent 1:1 schedule with direct reports.
- Create and maintain any and all Art TDDs.
- Expert using Unity with strong experience in using UGUI, 2d/3d animation in Unity, State Machines, Tween animation, Lighting, Shaders, Asset Bundles, Texture Compression, Optimizations
- Expert using Adobe Photoshop, specifically file setup, actions, scripting.
- Strong at using Autodesk 3dsMax / Maya
- Experienced with character rigging and/or controller creation
- Experienced with PBR and/or node-based shader creation
- Good sense of layout, composition, graphic design, color, font, typeface
- 5 years + Experience working on mobile games for Android and/or iOS
- Must have shipped at least one title on mobile
- Strong organizational, communication and listening skills