Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading-edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As a Lead Technical Architect, you will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing operations enterprise infrastructure for our clients.
From strategy to fulfilment to managed services, our engineering-centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
The LTA will be responsible for understanding complex business IT needs and managing research, design and solution development for ePlus customers.
- Lead a team of Engineers, Sr. Engineers, Consultants, Sr. Consultants and Architects
- Provide Sales Engineering support, BOM creation assistance, SOW assistance along with planning and designing solutions for complex multi-vendor solutions
- Engage various manufacturers and their engineering resources for design assistance and lab access
- Research, design and develop repeatable solutions for customer IT needs
- Assist in building and hiring professional services team, within the assigned region
- Work with the Services Director to set training goals for each member of the team
- Manage technical development and team satisfaction of employees
- Manage monthly internal training workshops for employees
- Provide input to the Services Director on employee reviews
- Assist the Services Director with resource management
- Build and maintain manufacturer/vendor relationships
- Be an escalation point for Engineers and Sr. Engineers, Consultants, Sr. Consultants and Architects
- Manage Quality Assurance (QA) of all projects within region
- Meet with key vendors to stay current on products and technologies
- Maintain multiple advanced manufacturer-specific advanced certifications. i.e.: CCIE, R/S. CISSP, VCDX,
- Work with the Services Director and the National Practice Leads to develop standardized assessment, delivery and testing documentation to be used by ePlus nationally, for delivery of repeatable services
- Continuing education of relevant certifications that would benefit the Lead Technical Architect role
- Be available to meet customer IT needs and serve the Customer to ePlus' standards
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills, both in-person and over the phone
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills
- Strong business understanding including costing, P&L and pricing strategies
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions quickly
- Must be fully knowledgeable and able to design and plan, implement and support IT solutions using three or more of the following technologies:
- Enterprise Networking
- Software-Defined Networking and Automation
- Cloud Architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP preferred)
- This position requires local travel up to 30%.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT
- 5+ years of experience performing a Consultant or Architect role
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Multiple industry-recognized Certifications. i.e.: CCIE, PCNSE, VCP, NACP, CISSP