The Lead Technical Architect provides technical leadership on client engagement, including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues. The Lead Technical Architect serves as the point of escalation for architecture related activities on projects, and is the escalation point for the Customer. The role may be expected to work across multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Provides technical leadership on client engagement including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues.
- Identifies cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business architecture integrity.
- Transforms customer requirements into technical blueprints
- Defines the complete technical infrastructure environment
- Serves as the point of escalation for architecture related activities on projects, and for the Customer.
- Maintains current knowledge of all relevant technology developments and seeks opportunities to deploy new technologies that benefit the client
- Serves as a trusted advisor of the customer
- Performs Design / Code Review
- Participates in Conformance Reviews
- May work across multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information and Technology and Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/computer field.
- Minimum of 12 years’ professional experience in software development.
- Or Master’s degree plus minimum of 10 year’s related professional experience.
- Experience in customer facing roles
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to identify and understand technology trends within the industry
- Deep professional experience with .Net Solutions and SQL and relational database design
- Demonstrated experience with XML and XSL
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems)
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims preferred