About the Job
The Technical Lead Architect is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet non-functional (e.g. performance, security, and operational considerations) requirements in support of a given initiative. The Technical Lead Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architect’s technical solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and in technology evaluation and selection.
Responsibilities for Technical Lead Architect include
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
Technical Architecture Development
- Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives, and collaborates with project teams to realize them.
- Identifies necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, operational concerns) and participates in the development of conceptual architecture.
- Evaluates technology, security, performance, availability, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Recommends options for the resolution/prevention of technical debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical development, and where possible, makes recommendations for improvement.
- Contributes performance, security, and operational items to backlog of development team.
Advice & Guidance
- Provides technical guidance and oversight, acts as a point of escalation and serves as a technical expert on projects.
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders.
- Mentors on business knowledge, technology, and career guidance.
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of technology infrastructure problems.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs.
- Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies.
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology, as well as the design of standard configurations for a project.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 8 plus years of working experience as a practicing architect
- Experience with complex large data sets
- Experience in technology delivery, especially in Internet environments
- Experience with relevant operating system environments
- Experience as a technical architect.
- Experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale software implementations with design and hands-on development using open-source based frameworks
- Experience in multi-tier enterprise architecture environments
- Experience with relevant database technologies
Additional Preferred skills include
- Master’s degree in related field
- Automotive experience
- Public speaking experience
- Industry involvement (e.g. speaker at conference)