The LTA will be responsible for understanding complex business IT needs and managing research, design and solution development for ePlus customers.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to prioritize, strategize, plan and qualify opportunities, as well as create and deliver professional solution and technology insight presentations to clients.
- Support Account Executives during the pre-sales process for growing sales, margin and market share.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with clients. Gain an appropriate understanding of the client needs while also uncovering additional opportunities.
- As needed by the Account Executive, design the ideal technical architecture solutions for the client. When appropriate, create bill of materials, supporting business case materials, RFP responses, and statements of work for any services to be delivered. Proven ability to mitigate both design and implementation risks.
- Participate in the planning, designing, and building of new service offerings including on-premises infrastructure, network security, business continuity, disaster recovery, managed services and public/private/hybrid cloud offerings.
- Support marketing activities, including presenting at events and online demonstrations.
- Strive to maintain expert level knowledge in all technology offerings while specializing and maintaining certifications in those areas identified as critical for the role’s specialization. The role will also be responsible to maintain an expert level of knowledge on competitor offerings to best communicate technical differentiation. Demonstrate a proactive nature to maintain technical competence. Complete training, education and certification as assigned.
- Perform exceptionally and to completion when delivering on billable engagements including on-premises infrastructure implementations, cloud migrations and expansions, managed services, ticket resolutions, disaster recovery implementations, security implementations, assessments, solution designs and other services as required.
- Be a thought leader by staying abreast of technology and business trends through interactions and professional networking with other top thought leaders available external to . Strategically advance offerings and provide insights to clients to assist them progress the growth of their business via the identification of their ideal IT solution stack.
- Assist in the creation and delivery of professional presentation materials.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and experience required. Must be able to adjust style to match the audience whether internal, client technical or client executive. Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers. High EQ sought.
- Maximize pre-sales and billable time.
- Highly motivated and self-managed individual that can balance multiple projects, support meetings, achieve superior results.
- Travel – to/from clients, corporate events and training.
- Continuing education of relevant certifications that would benefit the Lead Technical Architect role
- Be available to meet customer IT needs and serve the Customer to ePlus’ standards
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills, both in-person and over the phone
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills
- Strong business understanding including costing, P&L and pricing strategies
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions quickly
Must be fully knowledgeable and able to design and plan, implement and support IT solutions using three or more of the following technologies:
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and SD-WAN
- Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Containers and Container Management Platforms
- Security - Micro Segmentation, IAM, Firewalls
- Public Cloud (AWS/Azure)
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT
- At least 6-8 years of experience working as a Network Engineer
- Alt least 5 years experience with Puiblic Achitecture, application migration, and adoption/migration to PaaS offerings
- In-depth knowledge of OSPF and BGP with experience administering these protocols in large, distributed network
- Knowledge of Datacenter Equipment (Cisco Nexus, ASR Routers)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding of IP networks in datacenters and across multi-cloud networks
- Experience working with Security Devices (FW,VPN), Load Balancers (F5)
- Experience working with SDN (VMware NSX, Cisco ACI)
- Experience building HLD & LLD documents in your area of expertise
- Experience specific to AWS or Microsoft Azure Platform preferred
- Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- High level of comfort performing white boarding sessions and PowerPoint presentations
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Deep understanding of data center infrastructure including servers, SAN, switching
- Familiarity with Business-Critical Applications including SQL, Oracle, and Exchange
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash/Shell/Python/PowerShell)
- Experience with containers including Docker/Kubernetes
- Familiarity DR/Replication technology (storage replication, VMware SRM, RecoverPoint, Zerto, etc)
- Administrator-level familiarity with common enterprise operating systems such as Microsoft Windows Server, IBM AIX, Linux, etc.
- Enterprise consulting experience preferred
- Experience with Big Data technologies a plus
- Strong skills with Microsoft technology stack (Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Skype, Office 365, etc)
- Multiple industry-recognized Certifications. i.e.: CCIE, VCP, NACP, CISSP, Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Professional, Microsoft MCSE Cloud Platform Infrastructure, Cisco Certified CCNP or higher certification, Cisco NSX training/experience, VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or higher certification