Job Title: Lead, Systems Engrg
Job Code: IMS20212210-71454
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Will supervise a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, integration, and troubleshooting of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne communication platforms. A subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
- Document and support design verification tests within lab, ground and flight test environments.
- Analyze data from verification test efforts
- Prepare and present technical results for internal and external program meetings
- Support development of cost and schedule plans for minor activities
- Develop, track and present technical metrics
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline with nine (9) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship. An active TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Experience developing, authoring, and implementing software and system test plans in a team environment
- Experience working successfully both independently and in a team environment with the ability to lead large test teams through an entire build cycle
- Development and/or testing of various aircraft electro-mechanical, avionic/navigation, and communication systems with challenging electromagnetic interference (EMI) requirements.
- Read and interpret technical specifications, engineering blueprints, test procedures, and technical publications
- Hands-on experience with testing, integrating, and verifying software and/or hardware
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aircraft Maintenance experience a plus
- Familiarity with Aircraft Maintenance Manuals
- Familiarity with FAA documentation (Regulations, Advisory Circulars, Airworthiness Directives)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Work within established work environment and adjust work shift schedules to meet program objectives
- Physical demands may require lifting objects which may weigh up to 50 pounds
- Accountable for Customer and Company-owned Test Equipment
- Must be Customer / Stakeholder oriented.
- Willingness to travel
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Engineering efforts involving FAA-certified general category aircraft (Gulfstream preferred).
- Experience troubleshooting aircraft systems including diagnosis of malfunctions.
- Ability to maintain FAA Third Class medical certification
Expertise Engineering--Systems Location USA - TX - Greenville