Below are the responsibilities of day to day activity of the Lead Network Engineer:
- Provide advanced technical skills and leadership in the design, maintenance, control and use of enterprise networks and communication facilities.
- Focus on projects that improve business processes. Be responsible for the integrity, security, and processing of corporate data and files.
- Develop and maintain relationships by providing complex and technical support for network and communication systems. Includes a full range of engineering support from problem analysis, diagnostics and resolution of problems with hardware, peripherals, infrastructure and telecommunication applications.
- Serve as the functional technical expert for business units. Solves complex telecom network problems, switching architecture, telephony.
Provide advanced technical skills for, but not limited to:
- Configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance and communication designs;
- Implementation and design of the flow of all Data and voice. Providing direction to project teams on network and communication designs, ensuring an effective and high performance work team environment;
- Assist with clear communication of events, processes, procedures and configuration details;
- Maintain data integrity for database, application, and security and recovery requirements and familiarity with current technologies, including upgrades and changes to procedures and commands.
- Monitors compliance with existing practices. Discuss non-compliance and appropriateness of alternatives.
- Apply active performance management software focused on detecting, evaluating, and resolving the most critical exceptions in near real-time
- Keep current on emerging/new technologies through educational opportunities, research, professional affiliations and personal networking. Build relationships with external experts in the field
- Explore new technologies; anticipate future opportunities to apply them. Research applicability, cost and risk and make recommendations to senior management.
- Responsible for ensuring support to other IT Bus and project completion that meets or exceeds service level parameters.
More Than 8Years of experience and knowledge of:
- Architecture, application performance / scalability, design patterns / methods, and production application transition planning and execution. Voice network management systems for the collection of data and fault isolation and restoration.
- Previous experience in conducting and analyzing pre and post application assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and terminate cables and grounding system
- Network Architect
- Wireless (2.4& 5GHz)
- Telecommunication network/VoIP
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reference Number: 1240605