Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
8 - 10 years
Posted 26 days ago
Details: A Lead Systems Engineer job in Dedham, Taunton, and Pittsfield, MA is currently available through Belcan with one of our premiere defense clients. In this role, you will be responsible for providing solutions to both Fire Control Systems (FCS) programs and to the Army Command, Control and Communications – Tactical (C3T) developing novel approaches to the Army’s network modernization goals including engagement in Cross-Functional Team experimentation to modernize the tactical network and integrate onto mobile platforms. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, a related specialized area of field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. A current active Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire.
Lead Systems Engineer Job duties:
• Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
• Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
• Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
• Performs detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements
• Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
• May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
• May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
• Contributes to detailed technical analyses at the system of system (SOS) level
• Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
• Leads Modeling and Simulation activities
• Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
• Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
• Researches, designs, and develops systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis
• Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product
• U.S. Citizen with active Secret Security Clearance
• Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
• Very strong experience leading systems architecture including requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements
• Very strong technical experience analyzing systems, subsystems and system elements
• Very strong experience analyzing data, vendor products, COTS, GFE, CFE and specifications
• Magic Draw experience and SysML background.
• Agile design/development experience.
• Recognizes various architectural patterns and applies them appropriately.
• Very strong understanding of basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value