Raytheon Intelligence and Space is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer to provide engineering leadership to the systems, software, integration & test, and field engineering teams as part of the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance Department.This RIS radar programs.
These activities include:
- Will be responsible for leading a large, multi-disciplined, diverse team of Systems and Software Development, Integration & Test engineers, and Reliability Engineers from pre-proposal activities, through Development, Production, and Sustaining program phases
- Technical team leadership participating in peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
- Will provide technical leadership for a team of Systems and Software engineers in the development and implementation of Software Analysis tools applied to Radar Sensor products such as: imagery, ground system data, navigation, and operational fault data
- Will lead Root Cause Analysis utilizing Raytheon Technologies Best Practices (R6Sigma) and Tools to identify and analyze Radar System anomalies
- Will lead the Development and maturation of fault tabulation and prediction tools utilizing Matlab, Python, Excel, etc.
- Perform technical and programmatic presentations to both internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain all program requirements for a small family of related airborne Radar Sensor Programs
- Support the development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysis
- Will lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews, gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the Team on track
- Provide day to day direction for both the System Engineering (SE), and Integration & Test (I&T) team in the development and execution of the team's scope of work
- Support new/follow-on business proposals and ROMs as required by the program
- Provide cost and schedule estimates/impacts for proposed engineering changes or BOEs
- Will support the professional development of team members and ensure senior technical personnel "pass on" knowledge to more junior personnel
- Provide development feedback and information back to functional organizations
- Related day-to-day duties include: participating in peer reviews, FRBs, CCBs. Leading the Consolidated Problem Disposition Meeting (CPD) and owning any requirements impacts. This individual will interface with their IPTL, CE, team members, and other teams on a daily basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the IPTL
- Domain Knowledge
- Minimum of 10 years of full life cycle Systems Engineering experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Airborne Radar systems and their principals of design, development, Requirements Verification, I & T, Operation, Flight Test, Repair and Sustainment
- Strong mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
- Electronics system performance analysis, test and integration
- Communication, integrity, judgment, coordination, influence
- Actively engages, drives change to achieve execution excellence and solve critical issues
- Examples of leading a technical team in advanced radar development efforts
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
- US Citizenship
- Ability to access to US only data systems
- Domain Knowledge
- Radar system architecture, Design, Hardware, and Test.
- SW Modes and collection methodology and corresponding artifacts and phenomenology influencing Radar products.
- Analysis which predicts overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget)
- Proposal development and authoring technical volumes
- Technical mentoring as subject matter expert in Radar Systems
- Good work ethic, Leads by example
- Open to diverse perspectives and maintains a positive supportive environment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. personsU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systemsU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Math, or related discipline
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.