The MITRE Corporation is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to support its work with the Department of Justice in Clarksburg, WV. MITRE has provided unbiased guidance and crucial support to this local Sponsor for nearly a decade. The Sponsor relies on MITRE staff to provide innovative, practical solutions to federal law enforcement’s most challenging technical and programmatic issues in the areas of biometrics, identity management, and identity resolution.
- Leverages systems engineering concepts to design architectures that support operational use-cases and business processes
- Works alongside project leadership to ensure the successful execution and delivery of tasking
- Applies a detailed understanding of statistics and evaluation methodology and leads efforts to assess the performance of algorithms, biometric recognition systems, and other software systems
- Translates biometric and computer vision research approaches proposed in conferences, whitepapers, academic journals, and scientific publications into proof-of-concept applications that advance the Sponsor’s capabilities
- Communicates findings to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Active Top Secret clearance (interim clearances are not accepted)
- Proven software development experience using C, C++, Java, or Python
- Broad familiarity designing and using relational database schemas using Oracle or MySQL
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams or evaluation efforts
Exposure and expertise in the following areas is preferred but not required.
- Computer vision
- Data visualization
- Machine learning
- Statistical analysis
Specific knowledge of the following or similar tools is preferred but not required.
About the Bridgeport Site MITRE hosts nearly 40 full-time employees and interns at its Bridgeport Site in the White Oaks Business Park. We promote collaboration, encourage autonomy, value flexibility, and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth to all of our employees. We are a close-knit team, and we take pride in delivering high-impact results.
Bridgeport and the nearby cities of Clarksburg and Morgantown offer a variety of amenities and activities while preserving the charm and low-stress lifestyle found in smaller cities. The region offers something for everyone - whether it's academics, cycling, hiking, shopping, skiing, local and professional sports, or simply an opportunity to explore the outdoors. Nearby major cities include Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland, Washington, and Baltimore. Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines, Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering or similar field and 8 years related experience. The candidate should possess the ability to define projects or programs greater than themselves. Candidate understands that he/she will be responsible for work and/or customer relationship development and will acts according to—and guides others toward—the proper balance of a) product depth with timeliness and b) technical improvements with programmatic constraints, even when hard compromises are required. Preferred candidates will be recognized by senior management as a thought leader.