Provides engineering services as a technical specialist in a broad field of engineering, research, evaluation and development for highly complex and technical space-based and airborne aerospace products. Solves complex development problems in area of specialization or in implementing special and/or design engineering projects to a wide range of products, projects or programs. Uses the application of systems engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. With minimal direction will be able to specify, architect, analyze, model, establish flow downs and verify designs, test and verify complex engineering tasks in electrical, mechanical, optical, software, systems, and/or hardware components. Presents analysis of designs to Design Review Boards. Prepares progress reports relating to assignments. Participates in and may lead proposal teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 9 years of experience, or a Master’s Degree with 7 years of experience or equivalent
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: optics, sensors (visible, infrared, multispectral, hyperspectral or LIDAR), calibration, software, mechanical systems, electrical systems, precision mechanisms/control systems, secure systems, RF
- Degree in Engineering or Physicspreferred
- Exposure to DoD/NASE/IEEE/CMMI/INCOSE systems engineering processes.
- 2+ years of Experience with Space Based development programs
- Expert in at least one of the following areas: Architecture, Requirements, Interfaces, Optical Analysis, Trade Studies, Modeling/Simulation/Analysis, Software, Testing, Verification/Validation, Mission Operations
- Expert in at least one of the following areas: optics, sensors, calibration, software, precision mechanisms/control systems, RF systems.
- Proficient with DOORSTM
- Capable of mentoring less-experienced engineers
- Experience with MATLAB and/or IDL
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work closely with other disciplines
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: SIS20182808-27022