During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for an Advanced Program Engineer/System Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palm Bay, Florida.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9+ years of systems engineering experience OR
- Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 7+ years of systems engineering experience
- An active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- The ability to obtain and maintain program access
- Experience in space systems technology and applications
- Experience leading and/or supporting business acquisition efforts, including leading and/or contributing on teams developing technical and cost proposals
- Experience employing model-based architecture and systems engineering techniques; understanding of system engineering development processes and life cycle
- Experience in ground-based and space-based technologies and system solutions supporting data collection, processing, and management; signal processing; telemetry, tracking, and command; and command, control, and communications and satellite systems
- Experience acting as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work closely and collaborate effectively with customers, Business Development, and all other functional disciplines
- Previous leadership experience
- Solid technical foundation and proven experienceworking with development engineering teams as well as direct customer interaction
- Broad understanding of DoD space operations and policy
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
Job Code: SIS20182106-25466