Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to fly our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous aerial logistics system. You will play a critical role in bringing the Elroy Air system to the world.
What you’ll own:
As the Lead Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the continued management of requirements and architectures across the life of the program. Responsibility for managing and coordinating hazard and failure analysis across the program also falls under you. At Elroy we have a broad range of systems that are beyond that of a typical aircraft program, these systems include, Aerodynamics, Structures, Electric Powertrain, Hybrid Powerplant, Avionics and several others. The Lead Systems Engineer will, by necessity, have a broad understanding of the different systems and components on the aircraft.
- Team Building and Planning
- Establish and status detailed work plans
- Independently task and status your work
- Management System Architectures
- Work with the various engineering teams or other systems engineers to provide up to date system architectures
- Work to keep system architectures and schematics current through all design gates
- Management of System Requirements, Descriptions, Functions etc.
- Translation of Company Requirements and System KPI's to requirements consumable by engineering
- Management of system requirements, descriptions, and specifications through the lifecycle of the aircraft
- Management of the standard operating procedures regarding the above
- Risk and Hazard Analysis
- Manage the risk and hazard analysis process.
- Work with the various technical leaders to produce the analysis.
- Support of Aircraft Design
- Support the aircraft design process by supplying the various team system design information.
- Consume Design information and publish updated documentation.
- Also supply design guidance through analysis of risks and hazards from the various approaches.
- Test Planning
- Show Coverage of test cases to requirements and design
- Work with test and integration team to establish test plan needs
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has 5+ years of systems engineering or related experience in an aircraft or vehicle related industry.
- Prior team or technical leadership in an aircraft or vehicle engineering environment.
- Understanding of Aircraft system design frameworks such as ARP4754
- Prior experience with rigorous systems engineering practices
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Computer Engineering or related disciplines.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work smoothly with many individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of high voltage systems or hybrid electric vehicles
- Prior experience with aircraft certification
- Experience with safety critical systems