Ecolab is committed to rapidly accelerating our pace of digital innovation by helping our customers overcome real-world problems around water safety, energy conservation, food security and healthy environments. As part of this strategy, Ecolab is providing an exciting opportunity to join the Food & Beverage Division as a Lead Systems Engineer. The individual in this role will work collaboratively with IT, Commercial Digital Solutions and global Food & Beverage RD&E and business teams to deliver digitally enabled customer facing solutions to better serve our customers, drive productivity, increase efficiency and ensure food safety.
Responsibilities of this position include: identifying global customer needs, capturing and clarifying application requirements, assessing technical feasibility, managing development, executing field tests and performing technical design transfer. Additional duties include validating strategies to scale deployment and accelerate technology adoption to ensure successful commercialization of new offerings.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Actively model safety culture and take personal ownership of employee safety standards
- Translate key customer requirements to technical design requirements
- Design, develop and implement solution strategies to meet customer and design requirements
- Execute new product development projects according to solid project plans and project management principles (scope, timeline, milestones and risk-based decision making)
- Create communication plans and maintain strong communication channels with global project teams, business stakeholders and development partners
- Negotiate project priorities, resources and budget with cross-functional leaders
- Act as primary interface between RD&E, IT, Commercial Digital Solutions and business teams
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on automation and digital development best practices
- Collaborate with technology delivery teams to ensure technical dependencies are prioritized
- Partner with sales and service teams to merchandise solutions and drive engagement / adoption
- Understand field and customer user experiences to be able to make informed decisions
- Create and maintain technical documents with Marketing Communications (sell sheets, installation instructions, operation manuals, user guides, etc.)
- Build deployment plans to ensure installation, service and support resources are sufficient
- Liaise with business and technical support teams to transfer and manage knowledge
- Network with internal experts, technology partners and vendors to search for new and different approaches to solve customer problems
- Coordinate with technology anchor teams to research and investigate early innovation ideas
- Promote high functioning teams: provide a clear vision, link projects to the strategy, understand team motivators and define clear individual team member objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience working in research, development, engineering or digital / technology related environment
- 2+ years multifaceted project management experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- PMP / PMI certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Working knowledge of statistics and design of experiments
- Understanding of industrial protocols, networking and IEC 61131 programming
- Experience with SolidWorks or other computer-aided design software
- Experience working with and managing cross-functional business stakeholders
- Experience working with equipment, automation or digital / IT projects
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrate situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Strong leadership presence with ability to influence and empower others
- Self-starter with strong initiative and personal accountability
- Naturally curious and willing to learn and adapt to new fast-changing technologies
With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges – and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com. Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab, LinkedIn at Ecolab or Instagram at Ecolab Inc.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.