Defines, designs and develops system requirements. Performs trade-off analysis of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, and other system or program requirements. Assesses architecture and current hardware limitations, defines and designs system specifications, and evaluates input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Defines system support requirements to include monitoring, capacity, staffing and patching/updating. Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Conducts independent technical investigations in systems design.
- Installs, tunes, upgrades, troubleshoots, and maintains all computer systems relevant to the supported applications including all necessary tasks to perform operating system administration, user account management, disaster recovery strategy and networking configuration.
- Develop and implement techniques to prevent system problems, troubleshoots incidents to recover services, and support the root cause analysis
- Evaluates new systems by performing in-depth tests, including end-user reviews. Researches software and related products to support recommendations and purchasing. Determines systems integration issues by evaluating components; developing and completing performance tests; analyzing test data; studying project requirements; analyzing user and potential user input; evaluating similar and related products and systems. Develop system automation and system integration of business processes.
- Improves engineering job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Acts as a mentor for junior and senior team members.
Leads a team utilizing a matrix management system
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
ITIL Foundations v3 within 180 Days
Experience: 8 years proven success overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and applications.
- Must be well versed in writing Terraform plans, Ansible playbooks, and Python code.
- Experience with Enterprise Cloud transformation efforts
- Experience with SRE principles and transformation
- Experience with implementation of Containerization (Kubernetes), Cloud technologies (AWS), DevOps tool chain (Ansible, Jenkins, Artifactory, bitbucket, etc.), and technical patterns (IaC, Automated Provisioning/Release, CI/CD, etc.)
- Experience programming with one or more languages: Python, Java ,Groovy, Go, etc.
- IAC Tools for Platform Automation: Strong skills and experience in at least one: Ansible, and Terraform
- Containers: Docker or other OCI-certified containers
- Container Orchestration Platform : Experience with Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Red Hat OpenShift, Platform 9, or VMware Tanzu
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of programming languages and web based technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to collaborate to solve technical problems across teams.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.