The Subject Matter Expert -- Oracle Exadata system admin, Enterprise Manager 13c. The individual will provide and implement technical strategies in the designing, implementing, administering, maintaining and performance tuning Exadata systems and related technologies including EM 13c and ZDLRA. One participates with members to identify and clarify strategy road map, address gaps, define and execute related policy/procedures and pursue improvement opportunities. This position is expected to work independently with minimal guidance and assistance with the technology supported.
- Review business /applications challenges, lead discussion for future solution plan.
- Define patching strategy and steps for each patch need for Exadata and ZDLRA.
- Maintaining a strong security profile with patching, updates and audit logs
- Administering and documenting user accounts and maintaining authentication controls
- Support capacity, backup/recovery, and other testing/POC work
- Perform day to day support for customers, including assisting users and resolving problems from customers, performance tuning, project support work
- Perform reviewing and researching for problems proactively
- Design assistance and consulting including identification and documentation of design concerns related to performance, security, auditability, availability, and recoverability
- Document best operation practice, processes and perform demos.
- Monitoring capacity growth trend and licenses usage
- Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical and business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field
- 6 years of database administration experience
- Exadata SME with sufficient knowledge of managing Exadata machine.
- Understands standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to database development and administration
- Understand oracle database backup/recovery concept and hands on experience with RMAN backup. ZDLRA knowledge and exposure are preferred.
- Experience on managing OEM as monitoring tool for Exadata HW and Oracle DBs. Familiar with OEM concepts such as targets, matrix and groups etc.
- Knowledgeable and hands on experience with Oracle active data guard (ADG). Oracle Golden Gate experiencepreferred
- Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy, and service level agreements
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical and performs as effective team member
- Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills preferred
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digitalfinancial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digitalwealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.18-5737